chat dec/24/00 Xmas Eve

Catlady catlady at ...
Mon Jan 1 00:28:08 UTC 2001

Connecting...
Connected!  Sending login information...
Welcome to the club's chat room.
You see here:
harry_potter00,catlady_de_los_angeles,dejavu112,gypsycaine
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, Hello. Dee, I thought you said you
weren't going to be here today?
dejavu112 says, Hello
  gypsycaine says, I'm heading out to bathe.
  harry_potter00 says, Hi Dee
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, Hi,Scott,, Hi, Nikki
  gypsycaine grins.
  gypsycaine says, I was teaching Scott how to record chat.
  harry_potter00 says, Oops I meant - Bye Dee, and Hi Rita...
  gypsycaine says, Mom will be here at six....and my phone line can't be
that tied up.
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, Scott, I hope you have a reliable
computer
  gypsycaine says, Scott was teasing me.
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, than doesn't crash while chatting
  gypsycaine says, he wished me a Harry Christmas.
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, LOL
  harry_potter00 says, Well I do have unlimited access so I don't
care...
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, I haven't read the transcript of last
week's chat yet! Nor have I read anything on ff.net for like two weeks
-- last weekend I had a spare moment, but FFnet was down....
gypsycaine . o O ( rolls at the radio announcer:  "Happy Hannuka, Merry
Christmas, Happy Kwanza,Happy Agnostic Day.." )
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, He should have included Winter Solstice
and Yule
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, and Friday was the last Friday of Ramadan

  gypsycaine says, not too many know about it (yet)
  gypsycaine says, he left a catchall of any other holiday...
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, and a guy on the news said there is an
important Buddhist holiday coming up, I can't remember its name
dejavu112 says, Too many holidays around this time of year
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, NOT TOO MANY HOLIDAYS
  gypsycaine picks her butt up.  I HAVE to bathe now.  My hair will
freeze otherwise.
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, all are celebrating the same thing
  gypsycaine says, Rita, remind me to send you the joke about the
merging of the holidays..
harry_potter00 goes "BLEAH".
harry_potter00 blinks in disbelief.
harry_potter00 blushes in embarassment.
harry_potter00 boggles at the concept.
sineadsiobhan enters
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, There is supposed to be a Partial Solar
Eclipse visible from everywhere in the lower 48 on Monday (Xmas) morning

  harry_potter00 says, erm ignore that I'm playing w/ the buttons/
sineadsiobhan says,  Hi all!
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, Hi, Sinead
  harry_potter00 says, Hi
  gypsycaine says, 1 1 pm east.
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, Dee is trying to tear herself a way from
us
  gypsycaine says, that's 1.
  gypsycaine says, trying.
  gypsycaine says, not succeeding.
dejavu112 says, YAY Sinny you finally made it in
sineadsiobhan says, took me a while to get in.. cleaned up my room as I
waited
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, 7 something AM around here: I don't
expect to be awake that early
  harry_potter00 says, Hey Dee do I need to post those I am recording
the chat things?
  gypsycaine says, HOLIDAY BUSINESS NEWS
  gypsycaine says, Continuing the current trend of large scale mergers
and acquisitions,
  gypsycaine says, this holiday season Christmas and Chanukah will
merge. An industry

This voice chat rocks!  http://messenger.yahoo.com/messenger/chat.html

  gypsycaine says, source said that the deal had been in the works for
about 1,300 years,
  gypsycaine says, ever since the rise of the Muslim Empire.
  gypsycaine says, and it goes on, lol
  harry_potter00 says, Ha Ha ha...
dejavu112 :shakes head::
  harry_potter00 says, No really that was funny LOL
  gypsycaine says, I'll list it.
  gypsycaine says, that way everyone here can get it, with an apology
for any offenses at the top.
  harry_potter00 says, (I was afraid my Ha's were being taken
sarcastically)
  gypsycaine says, If you see Heidi, please tell her I GOT the package!
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, an industry source said: "When we cease
this wasteful competition for control of the Winter Solstice Festival of
Lights and Gift Giving, we can use our resources to dvelope a Summer
Solstice operation....
sineadsiobhan says, (trying to remember everyone) Rita, Nikki...
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, Harry is Scott
  harry_potter00 says, Ok everyone I'm recording the chat so I'll be in
and out....Right now I'm going to be out...
sineadsiobhan says, (pauses) Gypsycaine...harry_potter00???
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, Gypsy is Dee/Denise
  harry_potter00 says, The Harry...00 thing is me...Scott
sineadsiobhan says, Aha.. Scott, Rita, Nikki, and Dee!
  harry_potter00 says, Maybe I won't leave just yet.
dejavu112 says, Sinead if you forget who I am I'll be very scared
sineadsiobhan says, Eep.. I umm.. forgot... nah just kidding...its Nikki

sineadsiobhan says, Anyway.. I'm currently reading the issue of Ha/He
and R?he on the egroups message board
sineadsiobhan says, its interesting how people pose their sides of the
issues
  harry_potter00 says, I'm H/H so it's Hopeless to argue...
sineadsiobhan says, I'm H/H as well.. PoU made me H/H
  harry_potter00 says, I mean I *know* that we're probably going to see
R/H in the canon...
  gypsycaine says, I hate my aol ...
  gypsycaine says, it's refusing to send any messages....
  catlady_de_los_angeles says,   at Dee
  gypsycaine says, I never got this problem with Roadrunner and Out.
Express. Just AOhell.
  harry_potter00 says, But the only way I can see it working is if there
is a situation like in Ebony's new TIP and that isn't exactly ideal...
sineadsiobhan says, J.K.'s a pretty unpredictable writer
sineadsiobhan says, who knows when she turns R/H or H/H
  harry_potter00 says, Well I fully expect her to surpise us...
dejavu112 says, I just hope she doesn't pair Harry up with Ginny or Cho
sineadsiobhan says, she might go H/H before we know what hit us
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, Why not Cho or Ginny?
dejavu112 says, I hate them
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, why not someone we haven't even met yet?
sineadsiobhan says, Cho's definitly out of the picture
dejavu112 says, Irrational childish thoughts of mine
  harry_potter00 says, I don't think it's possible to pair anyone with
Ginny until she is more developed.
dejavu112 says, I just don't like Cho, at all.
  harry_potter00 says, I mean I thought it was a cop out that Ginny and
Neville went to the Yule Ball together...
  catlady_de_los_angeles shrugs, says Not every girl whose boyfriend is
killed when she's 16 spends the reast of her life in mourning
sineadsiobhan says, Ginny... for the girls in the room... did you have a
crush on an older guy?
  gypsycaine says, oh, ya.
dejavu112 says, Yes
  gypsycaine says, he was Italian.
  harry_potter00 says, They are both undeveloped in my opinion, even
with the GoF stuff on Neville
  gypsycaine says, and two years above me....hot.
sineadsiobhan says, I did.. even I told him I had a crush on him but
didn't work out
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, Cho is a really *nice* girl.  I'd pointed
that out in HP4GU and I displayed it in my story "Cho's Injury", which
is in HP4GU's Files
sineadsiobhan says, I was 15 and he was 19.. thats about right... I
think
sineadsiobhan says, Thats why I don't see H/G
sineadsiobhan says, Although ASA's H/G relationship is really well
written
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, As I mentioned (I think back on Yahoo!
club days) when people were saying Hermione is 14 (actually 15) and
Viktor is 18, and Alicia-Sue said she was 15 and her mother would *kill*
her if she ever dated a boy of 18
sineadsiobhan says, It doesn't seem plausible to have H and G get
together in the canon
dejavu112 says, The only reason I can stand that is because I already
know it isn't going to work out
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, when I was 15, one of the boys I dated
regularly was (21, as it happens, and attending Pasadena City College)
sineadsiobhan says, My mother met my father when she was 16 and he was
25
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, AND MY MOTHER NEVER FOUND OUT
dejavu112 says, Wow
sineadsiobhan says, So 4 years isn't a big deal to me
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, And when I was 18, I was dating this man
who was 29.....
dejavu112 says, earlier this year I dated a 17 year old and my mum
didn't mind
dejavu112 says, I was 14 at the time, I am 15 now, ooh big difference
sineadsiobhan says, and I dated a 21 year old.. took me to the prom
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, Harry is no more than 1 year older than
Ginny.  One year is NOTHING
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, Altho' I admit that her charcter needs to
be more developed
sineadsiobhan says, I'm not talking about the age difference...
sineadsiobhan says, Do you think its possible that Ginny sees Harry like
Harry sees Cho?
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, When ever people say Harry should marry
Ginny in order to really e part of the Weasley family
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, and/or to be brotheres-in-law with his
best friend
sineadsiobhan says, he's already kind of part of the Weasley family
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, It makes me feel SO SORRY for Ginny,
being married off for family dynastic reasonsn with no regard for her
own life choices
p_dumbledore enters
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, Hi, Dennis!
  harry_potter00 says, Ok, I'm breaking in with something totally
different but I'm writing a FanFic  at the same time....do you think 20
million pounds is a small fortune for Harry??? Silly question I konw but
I was just wondering...
dejavu112 says, 20 million pounds!!!!!!!
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, I think 20 million pounds is a LARGE
Fortune for Harry. How old is he at the time?
+ p_dumbledore says, Hello, and holiday greetings to all of you !
  harry_potter00 says, Thirty-Two...
sineadsiobhan says, Oh yeah.. 20 million pounds lis like... 30 million
dollars
dejavu112 says, Damn, I just got my self 195 pounds thats the american
equevilant of 300 dollars
  harry_potter00 says, Ok, well I wan't him to be comfortable...
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, When we think of winning 30 million
DOLLARS in the Lottery, it sounds a large fortune to us (people at my
job, all in 30s-40s-50s)
gypsycaine leaves
  harry_potter00 says, but I'm talking about the rest of his like
and...London's not a cheap city to live in...
  harry_potter00 says, Thanks, I may change that to 15 million pounds...

  catlady_de_los_angeles says, Leave the capital in secure bonds and
live on the interest.  He should get at least 5% even with full gov't
guarantees ...
+ p_dumbledore says, Yes, but properly invented in some good wizarding
stocks and bonds, a little can go a long way
  harry_potter00 says, He's got to be rich.
fizzwhizbee enters
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, Hi, PIppin!!!
fizzwhizbee says, hi
  harry_potter00 says, Hi
sineadsiobhan says, but ya know.. he doesn't get much of a chance to
spend all the moola
fizzwhizbee says, What are we talking about?
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, One million at 10% gives you 100,000
(dollars, pounds, Galleons) a year
dejavu112 says, Money
sineadsiobhan says, at least the canon doesn't state any wild shopping
trips
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, Scott wants to know if 32 Million Ounds
would make harry rich enough for his fanfic
  harry_potter00 says, See but that's it, he needs Pounds, not Wizard
money...

New look.  Same great taste!  Try the Yahoo! Chat Client -
http://messenger.yahoo.com/messenger/chat.html

fizzwhizbee says, He can change money through Gringotts, right?
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, Even in an expensive city like Los
Angeles, and with American income taxes, people can still live very
comfortably on $100,000 per annum
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, Yes. He can change his money throu
Gringotts
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, Apparently even fugitives can do business
with Gringotts
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, LIke Swiss banks USED to be
fizzwhizbee says, Harry doesn't have any dependents, so he would be more
than comfortable
  harry_potter00 says, Right, but I'm making him depressed, and I
figured I should make him rich just to add to the irony...but you'll
have to read it!
fizzwhizbee says, I was just writing about Gringotts neutrality
sineadsiobhan says, Like Kane's Xanadu?
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, If you give him "just" 4 million dollars
at 5%, he'd have $200,000 a year, which is enough to be ironic
fizzwhizbee says, In a very silly fic I'm doing for my godson age 6
fizzwhizbee says, I can be very ironic for $200,000
dejavu112 says, lol
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, I haven't been on ffnet for like two
weeks. I had a spare moment last SUnday but ffnet was down
  harry_potter00 says, Most of us could...
sineadsiobhan says, I did a ficcie :::coughshamelessplugcough:::
  harry_potter00 says, Ok, I need to stop, and write...thanks for you're
insight though!!!!
fizzwhizbee says, My godson wanted Harry to fight Snape, Voldie and a
dragon simultaneously
  harry_potter00 says, I'M RECORDING THIS CHAT!!!!!!!!!
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, During the public debate over the Clinton
income tax increase/cut (depending on bracket), this Wall Street guy
went on Marketplace to say that
  harry_potter00 says, Not Dee, for once...
fizzwhizbee says, Sinead, what's your fic?
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, women were going to quit their jobs and
stay home where they belong, as the latest status symbol for their
husbands
fizzwhizbee says, Back to the 1900's Rita!
+ p_dumbledore says, or the 1950's
fizzwhizbee says, 1800's I mean
sineadsiobhan says, It's called Fifteen Years and Back Again (revised
version)
sineadsiobhan says, the gang reunite fifteen years after they graduate
Hogwarts
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, because the new HIGH TAX RATES on incomes
over $200,000 a year would make wives' jobs financially worthless,
because of the taxes taking it all......
dejavu112 says, Its pretty cool, altho I don't liek Neville
dejavu112 says, like*
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, Reunion after Hogwarts -- that implies
that they survive
fizzwhizbee says, I'll have to check it out.
fizzwhizbee says, I think the 3 will survive, but I would bet against
Harry being a
fizzwhizbee says, wizard when its all over
sineadsiobhan leaves
  harry_potter00 says, Well I know that a Row House in London is around
2 to 3 million... and I'm putting him in Belgravia which is supposedly
pretty posh.
+ p_dumbledore says, Taxing can be a problem.  When I was in Denmark, I
found that you reach a point of income where anymore you make just gets
taxed away from you so you reach a point where doing more has no
advantage to your income.
fizzwhizbee says, He wouldn't need to buy the house outright
  harry_potter00 says, You're kidding Pippin...this has something to do
with my Fanfic...HINT HINT
fizzwhizbee says, We don't know what taxes are in the wizarding world
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, He can get 6 million, buy the house, and
have 4 million left over
  harry_potter00 says, erm..nevermind.
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, He can spend his capital without thinking
of the future
+ p_dumbledore says, I'm sure since most live in the non-wizarding
world, there must be some type of taxes they pay.
  harry_potter00 says, Ok how aout 8 million pounds...I think that is
certainly enough...
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, Dennis ...  wizards in non-wizarding
world ... surely pay only sales/value added tax ... because
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, they use magic to remove all records from
themselves from income tax authorities, property tax authorities,
vehicle registration authorities......
fizzwhizbee says, For a two million pound house, say 400,000 down and a
1.6 mil pound mortgage
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, just as their birth, death, and school
records exist or do not exist according what is needed at the moment
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, the school district etc have no record of
the existence of this child who is going to wizarding primary school and
secondary school
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, but suddenly has a full record of her 12
years attending the local muggle schools
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, with excellent grades
  harry_potter00 says, hmm interesting thought but I must really
go...Family coming!
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, when she wants to apply to a muggle
university
fizzwhizbee says, Bye
dejavu112 says, Bye Scott
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, Message 3950 on Harry Potter Anonymous is
worth looking at
fizzwhizbee says, I saw it
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, The last paragraph quotes an American
court on law on Owl Post
+ p_dumbledore says, I don't think it would really work out that easy !
It could get complicated.. ha!!
fizzwhizbee says, Everything gets complicated or simplified depending on
the effect...
fizzwhizbee says, the author wants to produce.
+ p_dumbledore says, Well, I'm putting Diann's Christmas present in her
computer (new hard disk) so look for  you all new years eve.. !!  Have a
good holiday.
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, What good is having magic if you don't
use it?
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, Bye, bye Dennis (point on taxes was OVER
$200,000, how many women is that going to affect?)
+ p_dumbledore says, Not to worry, she is getting other stuff too... ha!

fizzwhizbee says, A lot of the fics that are about the adult world...
p_dumbledore leaves
fizzwhizbee says, want to deal with problems that you don't need a
magical universe
fizzwhizbee says, to have
  catlady_de_los_angeles  asks, because they love the characters?
fizzwhizbee says, I suppose so.
  catlady_de_los_angeles asks, to make themselves (writers) feel better
about not having magic?
fizzwhizbee says, No, I think just to work out issues that they have,
and they ...
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, Peg's whole Moral Education argument
would be meaningless if the stories were ONLY about magic
fizzwhizbee says, identify with the characters.
fizzwhizbee says, the stories would be very dull if they were ONLY about
magic
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, altho' I used a great deal of willpower
(I had to borrow some from the bank, and will have to pay it back with
interest) to force myself
fizzwhizbee says, LOL
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, to write the broomstick fight chapter.
Chapterlet.
fizzwhizbee says, Is it up yet?
dejavu112 is away (be right back)
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, I'm thinking of sending it to you
(Pippin) to ask whether it is as dull to the reader as it was to the
writeri
fizzwhizbee says, I love to read your stuff...send it!
fizzwhizbee says, I can send you my very silly story. It's a take off on
monster movies
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, and I THINK part of my problem with it,
is why are these guys fightingn so physical, when they could practivally
SIT IN ROCKING CHAIRS and throw curses at each other just as good?
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, Yes, send me your story.
fizzwhizbee says, Okay, but you asked for it <grins>
harry_potter00 is away (Auto-Away)

This voice chat rocks!  http://messenger.yahoo.com/messenger/chat.html

fizzwhizbee says, its on its way
fizzwhizbee says, They are physical, cause they are teen age guys
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, They act like they're all 19, but the
chronology indicates that they are more like 24 and should know better
by that time....
fizzwhizbee says, They don't want to grow up though.
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, which I suppose is another argument for
wizard folk aging slower than Muggles!
fizzwhizbee says, Maybe wizard powers encourage you to stay self
centered
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, And I realised recently that, if I
carefully interleave Lily's present tense with Snape's memories, I
should have put it earlier than 1979....
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, It's just that I was in a hurry to get
Harry born.....
fizzwhizbee says, JKR can't make the chronology work all the time either

  catlady_de_los_angeles says, and I talk about writing AT LEAST as much
as I write
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, Altho' Severus and Draco keep me awake
many nights
fizzwhizbee says, I talk and read much more than I write. I need more
discipline.
fizzwhizbee says, MMM...they can keep *me* awake any time.
fizzwhizbee says, Your story got here, Rita
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, I should be working on it.......
fizzwhizbee says, Got it open without crashing netscape!
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, instead I'm lookin at our list's messages

  catlady_de_los_angeles says, Your story has arrived here.
fizzwhizbee says, I do that too
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, E-mail is faster than Owl Post
fizzwhizbee says, Yeah, that occurred to me the other day.
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, I have a witch Owling /911/ the Emergency
Magic Service ... if they can't Apparate, they have no faster way to
call for help
fizzwhizbee says, They can send up sparks with their wands.
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, Which Muggles will see sooner than EMS
will!
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, I suppose there must be enough scattered
EMS substations that Owls can reach the nearest one quickly
fizzwhizbee says, There must be some kind of distress signal?
dejavu112 says, I have returned
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, Hi, Nikki
fizzwhizbee says, How does Arthur find out when he's needed?
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, Amos contacted him through the Floo
network (that was unofficial)
fizzwhizbee says, Okay, so how did Amos find out?
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, tim wants me to have wizarding folk 'call
911' through the Floo network instead of Owls
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, Amos was at the office when the report of
the dustbin disturbance came in
fizzwhizbee says, Yes, that sounds like it would be faster
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, and called Arthur immediately while the
assignment of regular agents to go out and investigate was
bureaucratically slower

Yahoo! Chat client is ready for primetime!
http://messenger.yahoo.com/messenger/chat.html

  catlady_de_los_angeles says, Meow, we are being silent?
dejavu112 says, Seems like it
fizzwhizbee says, I was over reading your fic, and waiting for someone
to say something
fizzwhizbee says, which is rude i guess.
fizzwhizbee says, sorry
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, I'm being silent too. Have just read
Neil's suggesttions for the next DADA teacher
fizzwhizbee says, It's a slow day
fizzwhizbee says, Moody (the real one) I'd guess
fizzwhizbee says, Of course, then he'd have to have ANOTHER secret...
dejavu112 says, lol
dejavu112 says, Oh I know, he's really a woman, and he's in love with
Snape (just to add in a few modified sugestions)
fizzwhizbee says, LOL!
dejavu112 says, And now I am being silly
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, Tie it in with the subject that starts so
many feuds on list:
fizzwhizbee says, Only if Snape is a woman too!
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, It is not exactly a SECRET that Moody's
paranoia got so bad after a curse-bomb from the Dark Side took off his
leg but killed his beloved
dejavu112 says, No leave Snape alone, the poor guy doesn't he have
enough to put up with as it is
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, but it is kind of a secret that said
beloved was a wizard not a witch
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, ***
fizzwhizbee says, I agree I was jk
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, which reminds me of my Bill Weasley comes
out of the closet scenario
fizzwhizbee says, I dunno, in my universe I sort of feel same sex
relationships
fizzwhizbee says, are not frowned on, but you catch all kinds of flak
for
fizzwhizbee says, wizard/muggle or squib among certain people
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, when his mother is nagging him yet again
to marry some nice young witch and give her grandchildren
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, and he gets so exasperated that he
finally tells her that he has already found the person
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, with whom he wants to spend the rest of
his life, and it's not a a witch
fizzwhizbee says, So what does she do?
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, and his mother jumps to the wrong
conclusion and angrily demands to know what she has ever done that would
make him think
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, that she would be unkind to the girl of
hi choice just for being a Muggle?
fizzwhizbee says, So then?
dejavu112 says, Ohh I love tension
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, the family is kind of freaked out but
eventually get used to it. Harry and Hermione are surprised at the
Weasleys being freaked out
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, It is a small subplot to the story with
the dramatic adventure in Egypt, whatever adventure that is, not a story
on its own
fizzwhizbee says, I am trying to plot out my Egyptian thing, too.
fizzwhizbee says, I did some actual research yesterday
fizzwhizbee says, There was an attempt to cut off diamond smuggling in
summer of
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, I have two cases on books sitting at the
foot of my bed.
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, You're welcome to come over and read them

fizzwhizbee says, 1943, Oh cool
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, my books are about BC not AD
fizzwhizbee says, Well, that's alright, cause it does link up with BC
fizzwhizbee says, It's Albus Dumbledore and the Altar of the Sun
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, but I LOVE the footnote to the book of
museum exhibition LADY OF HEAVEN, LADY OF THE HOUSE that lists 40
(FORTY) goddesses who have been depicted as Domestic Cats
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, Altar of the Sun sounds Atenist
fizzwhizbee says, It was the mythical (re)birthplace of the Phoenix
fizzwhizbee says, in Heliopolis
dejavu112 says, I thought it sounded Inca-ish
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, Oh, the Bennu stone
fizzwhizbee says, Dumble and Minerva go to Egypt...meet up with some
interesting Muggles
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, Nikki, yes, the Inca people had Temples
of the Sun
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, The Inca (it was title of ruler, not name
of ethnic group)
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, was the Son of the Sun
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, sun worship is found in a lot of cultures

fizzwhizbee says, We learn how Minerva becomes a cat animagus
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, Learn how Minerva becomes a cat animagus
-- as flashback?
fizzwhizbee says, No-- its set summer of 1943
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, First chapter of SS/PS, she is already a
cat animagus but does not seem close with Albus
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, Oh, Indiana Jones
fizzwhizbee says, Right!
fizzwhizbee says, I think she was just asking how did you know it was me
from the...
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, She was only 20 then, was he the great
love of her life? (and what about Hoochie, back home playing pro
Quidditch)
fizzwhizbee says, other end of the block
fizzwhizbee says, No...she's got mixed up with Riddle and she goes to
Egypt
fizzwhizbee says, trying to get over him
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, she's older than Riddle
fizzwhizbee says, No, about the same age, I think
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, five years older, I think

has anyone tried using the new messenger chat client?

fizzwhizbee says, ??
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, Does JKR's "McGonagall is a sprightly
70lyshe
fizzwhizbee says, But in terms of which book is she 70?
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, sprightly 70' apply to now 2000 CE or to
literary-now GoF 1995 CE?
fizzwhizbee says, Exactly!
fizzwhizbee says, So, I take it, for purposes of my fic, they are same
age
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, Our Victorian-ish Minnie could have a
GREAT PAST
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, Getting over Riddle, Indy catches her on
the rebound ...
dejavu112 says, For some reason, even before I knew how old McG was I
always thought she was older then Riddle
fizzwhizbee says, Riddle has spent 13 years as a disembodied spirit,
fizzwhizbee says, Don't know how that affects his age, plus his efforts
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, Riddle doesn't exist anymore, just VOldy
fizzwhizbee says, become immortal
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, but maybe wizard folk don't mind the girl
being a couple of years older than the boy any more than Muggle folk
mind the boy being a couple ofyears older than the girl
dejavu112 is back.
dejavu112 says, Oops forgot to fiz that
dejavu112 says, fix*
fizzwhizbee says, We know Nicholas and Perinelle married for 100's of
years
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, just as they MIGHT regularly allow girls
to ask boys out on dates, even tho' the only time we saw it was in the
case of girls asking Harry to escort them to the ball
fizzwhizbee says, One of the interesting/frustrating things is having to
invent
fizzwhizbee says, a whole set of mores for Wizards
fizzwhizbee says, We know they don't think much of two timing
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, An awful lot of what we see in the books
about Wizarding mores, seems very 19th century or Pre-War
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, like Agatha Christies' rural villages
fizzwhizbee says, A lot of the *wizards* must be very 19th century or
pre-war!
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, IS 150 a normal age to live to? Or is
Albus exceptionally long lived?
fizzwhizbee says, Another thing we don't know
fizzwhizbee says, Has he been knocking back elixir of life?
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, (due to sharing Flamel's Elixir of Life,
or due to strong magic of his own, or due to having very good genes like
that woman in France who lived to 123?)
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, If Eof L, then that Harrry notices him
looking older in GoF could be due to no longer having EoL
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, rather than to stress, normal aging, or
Harrry having become more observant
fizzwhizbee says, It is a small community...secrets don't keep long
fizzwhizbee says, Which could account for the small town attitudes
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, There are secrets and then there are
secrets
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, Hagrid being half-giant, and everyone had
just assumed he had had a magical accident
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, all those unregistered Animagi
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, (the nice Hufflepuff Animagi in my Lily
Installment 01 were registered)l
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, No one would guess if AD was drinking
EoL, they would just assume that his powerful magic made him
indestructible.
fizzwhizbee says, It makes his decision to destroy the stone more
piquant
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, showing that HE was responsible enough to
be trusted with the stone
fizzwhizbee says, Hagrid's a *servant* so nobody cares about his
background?
anglinsbees enters
anglinsbees says, Hello! Happy Holidays!
fizzwhizbee says, Hi
anglinsbees says, Quiet today?
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, Hi, Ellen! (did I spell that right?)
anglinsbees says, You got it!
fizzwhizbee says, Just us chickens
anglinsbees says, Your memory amazes me!
fizzwhizbee says, Hippogriffs?
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, Yes, we are quiet. Dee came in to teach
scott how to save a chat, then went to take a bath,
anglinsbees says, Well, it is a holiday!  Christams eve with the family
and all that...
dejavu112 is away (Auto-Away)
fizzwhizbee says, Right, I have to go bake some cookies later
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, Scott started recording the chat, but
wandered off to work on his fanfic "HARRY POTTER AND THE 32 MILLION
GALLEONS"
anglinsbees says, I should be making deviled eggs....
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, There is a partial list of chat-handles
and their names on the HP4GU-chat-archive web site, under Files
anglinsbees says, Harry wins the Lotto?!
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, It must the Football Pools, it's in
London
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, that's all I know about it
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, Thanks for mentioning cookies, that
reminded me to remind Tim to bake cookies.
anglinsbees says, Football as in Rugby?
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, football as in soccer
anglinsbees says, Ahhhh, I am not one to follow sports..
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, soccer = association football, rugger =
rugby football, ???? = american football
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, I understand that people who never follow
sports play the Football Pools anyway.
anglinsbees says, I'll take your word for it!  So Rugby is similar to
American football then?
fizzwhizbee says, But Harry would bet on Quidditch
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, My ex had an annual subscription to a
service that would enter him into the pool each week with a randomly
generated choice of winning teams
anglinsbees says, If he was betting....
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, All I know about Rugby is that it is
famous for being a violent sport
fizzwhizbee says, My husband was watching a Rugby match on Tv. He
couldn't figure
fizzwhizbee says, out the rules
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, all these types of Football started as an
Easter Monday game with no rule
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, all the young men and apprentices got the
day off for Easter Monday, so they celebrated
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, by playing a game,  top end of the town
against low end of the town
dejavu112 is back.
dejavu112 says, Don't people hit each other with sticks in Rugby?
fizzwhizbee says, No!
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, who can get a dead pig to the other
side's well without touching the dead pig with their hands?
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, no other rules
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, the sticks are in cricket, a relative of
baseball, which is a very rule-inclined game
anglinsbees says, Hmm -OK, if VErnon Dursley played a sport, what sport
would it be- in america, he probably would have been a football player
(Bulk) or  a hockey player (Big sticks and hitting) but what about in
Britan?
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, Rugby: bulk  And too much social snobbery
to be a boxer
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, I wish there was a Brit in this
discussion to check that with
anglinsbees says, Thats what I was hoping for, but it seems to be a bit
too quiet.
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, there was a generation of Brit who
rejected bad behavior by saying "That's not cricket" the same way that
Japanese people say "That's not tea" (mu-cha)
anglinsbees says, Maybe if I posted in on Hp for grownups or Hp
fanfiction.....
fizzwhizbee says, Probably Vernon likes football but Petunia makes him
go to cricket
anglinsbees says, LOL!
siriusgeologist enters
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, maybe Vernon is a soccer hooligan?
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, Hi, Carole
dejavu112 says, Oh Douglas Adams makes fun of the Cricket people in one
of his books
fizzwhizbee says, Hi carole
siriusgeologist says, hey there...merry christmas
anglinsbees says, And do either sports have snobby cheerleaders?
(Petunia)
dejavu112 :chuckles remembering that:: Hello Carole
anglinsbees says, Oh yes, the cricketeers and their battle robots!
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, we drifted from whether Albus had been
using Flaemels' Elisir
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, to what sprot wourld Vernn Dundly play?
siriusgeologist says, Hmmmmm...rugby
siriusgeologist leaves
dejavu112 says, That was kind of strange
siriusgeologist enters
dejavu112 says, Oh wb
fizzwhizbee says, I guess I better go do those cookies. Happy Holidays.
dejavu112 says, and goodbye
anglinsbees says, Bye!  Hapy H!
siriusgeologist says, see ya...I have to do that to in a sec
fizzwhizbee says, Rita, I'll email you,
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, bye bye
fizzwhizbee says, Bye all
anglinsbees says, Bye!
fizzwhizbee leaves
siriusgeologist says, are we all quiet or is Yahoo messing with me?
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, we are all terribly quiet
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, I am trying to catch up on the group's
posts
siriusgeologist says, ahhh...I'm reading email so thats why I haven't
chimed in
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, I saw Neil suggesttions for new DADA
teacher!
siriusgeologist says, Those were hilarious!
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, he has a truly twisted mind
anglinsbees says, Hmm, my window has changed to really obnixious
colors... I can hardly read anything.....
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, can't you contorl the color of your won
window?
dejavu112 says, Maybe if you exited and came back in?
anglinsbees says, I am still trying to figure this chat thingy out- I
don't know why it changed colors on me!
anglinsbees says, Aha! Suddenly better!
anglinsbees says, (Whining) But I still dont Know WHY!
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, How do wizard folk call wizard 911? I
named it Emergency Magic Service and a witch Owled it
anglinsbees says, Express owl?
anglinsbees says, EMS- thats Good!
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, I was thinking there must be MANY EMS
substations scattere around
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, so wizarding folk in just about any
location could Owl them quickly
anglinsbees says, Why?  They could apparate anywhere- or maybe its a
Floo based service....
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, but Tim said she should have called them
by that head in the fireplace system
anglinsbees says, That was Floo, wasn't it?
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, The one person stationed in the local
substation receives the Owl, Apparates to National Headquarters with the
message, the Emergency team Apaprates fromn National Hdqtrs to the
location
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, while the substation person Apparates
back to the substation to wait for another emergency Owl
anglinsbees says, That would work- Apparating makes it simpler.
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, Some witches and wizards can't Apparate
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, but they might still need to call for
help when parent or spouse has a heart attack
anglinsbees says, I meant the rescue people apparating.  Contact could
be by Floo, or owl,.....Gee they need a better quick communication
system tho- what if you arent ntear a fireplace.. and your owl is
busy...
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, Lots of Fanfic writers have invented
magical versions of telephones for the wizard folk to use, but I think
part of their pre-War quaintness is they haven't yet
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, felt any need for telephones
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, a certain fatalism about people who have
heart attacks while the family owl is busy....
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, a certain fatalism about rich people
having extra owls but poor people don't ......
anglinsbees says, When i played D&D Our team of vampire hunters had
charms spelled to work like walkie-talkies- speak into one and your
voice was emitted by the others.  Worked well sometimes, caused tons of
trouble others...
anglinsbees says, Like when you were trying to sneak about,a nd someone
started chatting!
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, I invented an amulet like tht for my Lily
story (in our egroup's File section) (shameless self-promotion)
dejavu112 is away (Auto-Away)
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, it's made from a special kind of sea
shell (my thought: because of hearing the ocean in a seashell) andn Tim
said
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, "Lily invented the Shell Phone"
dejavu112 is back.
dejavu112 says, Shell Phone
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, but I also stated that it was a rare and
special amulet
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, i was saying earlier that much we have
seen of the culture of the wizarding folk seems ninetheenth century or
at least Pre-War, like Agatha Christie's rural villages
anglinsbees says, Our gamemaster used these communication devices to
cause trouble for us when things got boring- unreliable gadgets really.
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, and Pippinn mentioned that many of the
wizarding folk are themselves 19th century or pre-war
siriusgeologist says, Well....better go get dinner and cookies
started...sorry I didn't contribute much, hope everyone has a happy
holiday whatever you celebrate.
anglinsbees says, Bye!
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, bye bye carole have fun
siriusgeologist says, bye
siriusgeologist leaves
anglinsbees says, Well, one does tend to cling to the fashions of ones
youth- the same is probably true with technology, to an extent.
dejavu112 says, I'm going to go read, not feeling too well
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, I wonder whether wizard folk invented
indoor plumbing without hot and cold running water and flush toilets,
maybe a couple thousands years ago
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, and Muggles imitated them
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, bye bye Nikki, plese feel better. Happy
holiday
dejavu112 says, Bye all, thanks, Happy whatever you celabrate
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, but other than plumbing, I suspect that
Muggles have invented the Muggle technology, and wizards didn't think of
figuring out a way to acheive the same thing with magic until
dejavu112 leaves
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, they saw the Muggles using the Muggle
devices
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, lack of imagination is a form of
conservatism
anglinsbees says, The Minoans had indorr plumbing.
anglinsbees says, But I still say that salazar Slytheryn couldn't have
built the Girls washroom back inthe oh, 12th century!
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, the Minoans had indoor plubming but the
toilets didn't flush -- people poored a bucket of water into the toilet
to move its contents along the pipe
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, I thihk it was the 10th century, *around*
960 AD
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, based on the 'over a thousand years ago'
phrase in the history of Hogwarts
anglinsbees says, But If i recall right, they had a form of running
water in their buildings- lots of fountains and such- or am I thinking
roman.....
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, The Romans had perhaps more advanced
(certainly more wasteful) toilets, that had water constantly flowing
thourhg a channel under the toilets
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, so that anything dropped in the toilet
would be carried away by the flowing water, but
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, that wastes an awful lot of water when
the toilet is not being used
anglinsbees says, The aquaducts constantly brought water tho- so it was
being refreshed constantly, if you were lucky enough to get to tap into
it...
anglinsbees says, Valves are a small wonder, I guess, that we take for
granted!
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, The Minoans did have a FORM of running
water: it flowed through atrractive open channels from tis outdoor
naturall source to indoor tanks taht servants could dip their buckets
into
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, the Romans had valves for turning on and
off hot bath water (and amazing Rube Goldberg systems for heating the
water!) but I guess they wore out real lfast or something
anglinsbees says, Well, it sure beat  the Medieval equivalent!  Royalty
moved from castle to castle, if they could, to get away from their own
stink!
anglinsbees says, I have always wondered how the roman baths worked- but
I havent come across detais anywhere.
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, I've always wondered:  don't noses get
acclimated to something that they smell all the time, and no longer
smell it?
anglinsbees says, Roman mettalurgy had its lim,its- they probably used
rather soft metals- I know they used a lot of lead in their pipes and
such (Romans)
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, I saw the Rube Goldberg device at the
exhibiiton of finds from Pompeii that was at LACMA last
spring/summer.....
anglinsbees says, Yes, they smell it less, but then their are health
problems when the privies are only a few hundred feet from ones wells.
anglinsbees says, LACMA?  I'm in Detroit- It's not a traveling exhibit
by any chance- Chicago even?
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, There was an article in SCIENTIFIC
AMERICAN, I thin in 1999, on the subject "For the majority of Western
History, the normal state of mind was one of inebriation"
anglinsbees says, Healthier to drink stuff that has been boiled- like
new ale. Alcohol also kills germs...
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, people 'always' drank alcoholic beverages
because they were less likely to cause disease than milk which went sour
or water which was contaminated by human waste
anglinsbees says, Fresh water was a killer.
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, He didn't mention that the East
accomplished that by drinking tea (which has to be boiled)
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, but there are a lot of records of
Westerners drinking water, and presuamably a good many of them survived
long enough to reproduce,
anglinsbees says, Milk also can carry teberculosis and other diseases.
(No pasturization)  Cheese, whic is cooked, is safer.
anglinsbees says, One presumably, must have a tolerance for the local
fauna- simialr to americans problems with the water in Mexico, I
guess...
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, They drank many different kinds of water
mixed with ground barley (maize int he new world), honey for sweetening,
and herbs or spcies for flavoringnk
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, but I just adore the idea that all our
great ancestors were not only hormonal teen-agers but also drunk all the
time
anglinsbees says, young ale is herbs, grain, and sometimes honey, that
has been boiled, but has scarcely begun to ferment- it was a common
beverage.
anglinsbees says, Old by the time they were 30- and possibly
grandparents.
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, (my mother used to complain that school
history did not teach that the reason taht old-time dpeople acted so
stupid (Romeo and Juliet were only one ofher examples) was because they
were really stupid teen-agers, only thought to be grown ups because
their societires were so preimitve
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, I frequently announce: "I am supposed to
be dead by now. Humans were never intended to live past 40."
anglinsbees says, True1  Also remember that the Romans suffered from
Lead poisoning, others suffered from arsenic poisoning (In drugs and
cosmetics) and Fetal alcohol syndome was common.
anglinsbees says, I am so gld the SCA recreates the <fun> part of the
middle ages!
anglinsbees says, Mercury was also used in everything- icluding felt-
tht's why hatters were "mad".
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, I've always thought that people were
dying so often from so mnay different things that it never seemed
worthwhile to fix just one of those things
anglinsbees says, And seeing a doctor meant you wre surely dead- from
the cure if not your illness!
anglinsbees says, When we do SCA demos, we do a countdown.
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, countdown: of how many people have died
by now?
anglinsbees says, We ask everyone in the room to raise both ahnds, and
then we ask them to take down one hand if they have done any of the
following;
anglinsbees says, Had a diffcult birth
anglinsbees says, Were born by C-section
anglinsbees says, Have food allergies
anglinsbees says, Have asthma
anglinsbees says, Have had a major medical procedure
anglinsbees says, Have broken a limb
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, well, in fairness, a number of C-sections
are not necessary except to the doctor's income or schedule...
anglinsbees says, Have bad vision (Eyeglasses)
anglinsbees says, Have had to take antibiotics on more than one occasion

  catlady_de_los_angeles says, food allergies don't matter if you've
never exposed to that food (a wheat allergy would immediately kill a
medieval European, but not a mango allergy)
anglinsbees says, And the list goes on a bit- if you lower both hands,
and then sit down, you probably would not have survived in the middle
ages.
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, a lot of asthma is somehow caused by
conditions  of modern life, possibly even the shortage of infections
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, and even wild animals have been found
whose skeletons show that they broke a limb (simple fracture, not break
in skin) and it healed itself
anglinsbees says, Yeah, but we usually end up with 2-5 kids out of a
class of 25- that is pretty close to actual mortality rates.
anglinsbees says, The three strikes and you are out works pretty well.
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, that would because the conditions taht
are caused and cured by modern life balance out the infrectious deisease
that modern people are vaccinated against
anglinsbees says, Exactly
anglinsbees says, But it does show how short and hard medieval life
actually was- no fairy-tale.
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, altho' it is possible that modern people
are going to learn aboaut infections diseases all over again
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, Ebola virus
anglinsbees says, TB is back- and becoming way too resistant...
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, I think I started this subject, but its
deprssing anyway
anglinsbees says, Mad cow disease- we seem to be creating out own new
problems.  Yeah, hardly suitable for the holiday
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, That's one that the ancients would never
have recognized, because the infected people would die of something
(considered something else, such as clumsiness) before it became obvious
wha tthey had
anglinsbees says, Not to mention all the Taboos on cannibalisim, portk,
etc, that kept people and animals from reinfecting themselves with
diseases of this type.  Feeding bovine protien to cows is not a good
idea....
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, apparently it started with feeding sheep
bone meal to cows
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, apparently herbivores are known to eat
bones in nature
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, Deer munching on old dried bones, skulls,
tortoise shells they find, for the calcium
anglinsbees says, Thats it!  Trouble is, these buggers arent destroyed
by cooking.
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, I read a really gross (sorry!) eyewitness
account of a deer eating the shell right off a living turtle who was
trying to get away but too slow
anglinsbees says, Yes, but not constantly, every day....How often does
one run across bones in nature- scavengers mostly take care of them.
anglinsbees says, Opportunism
anglinsbees says, My- that was a bold deer!
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, I imagine it was a big kind of deer
rather than a small kind of deer
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, altho' once I saw at the San Diego Zoo
what were supposed to be the only carnivorous species of deer, and they
were TINY LITTLE THINGS
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, I said: "They must eat bugs, they're too
small to eat mice"
anglinsbees says, I have helped butcher whitetails and mule-deer.  They
really arent all that big.  Bugger than my Labrador retriever, but not
all that big.
anglinsbees says, bigger foo.
anglinsbees says, How big were the carn, deer?  Like compared to a dog
variety?
anglinsbees says, Cats eat mice.... bigger than a cat?
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, I guess they wer abaout the size of house
cats, which are big enought o eat mice, so I was wrong
anglinsbees says, Still, tiny!
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, Was it you was asked about Pompeii
exhibition? It was travelling exhibition from Italy and I don't know
where it is now.
anglinsbees says, The Japanese Deer on Belle Isle are pretty small-
smaller than White tails.
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, but there must be books (or web sites)
with the same artifacts
anglinsbees says, Oh, I just wonderd if it was heading towards Detriot
or Chicago- but i havent heard anything about it...
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, Deer that I have occasionally seen
running away from me in San Bernardino Mountains look to me like the
size of Great Danes, but perhaps that is because they are in mid-leap
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, I am REALLY an un-wilderness type of
person
anglinsbees says, Mule deer, probably- Great dane is probably a fair
guess- about 200 lbs. Mostly legs. (height)
anglinsbees says, Getting one in the widshield is NOT FUN.
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, that happened to me ex
anglinsbees says, Hmmm after 6- I should make deviled eggs soon.....
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, he changed lanes to avoid the deer but it
jumped in front of him
anglinsbees says, Deer and cars are a bad combination- both lose.
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, afterwards people said he should have
turned his headlights off because they attract deer
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, I'll let you go devil som eeggs
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, (why bot angelled eggd?)
anglinsbees says, Don't know about that- lights do confuse them.  Deer
are not bright, they panic, and get even dumber!
anglinsbees says, Oh- gotta have that mustard in them!
anglinsbees says, Spicy!
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, why should angels be bl;and and boring?
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, another list was wondering whether heaven
is boring....
anglinsbees says, Well, Goodnight!  My regards to any who follow?
(Bland, no, usually sweet!  Hence Angelfood cake!)
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, bye bye
anglinsbees says, Bye!
anglinsbees leaves
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, bye Bye Scott when you get around to
checking the chat

--
          /\ /\
           + +     Mews and views