chat 12/31/00 New Year's Eve

Catlady catlady at ...
Mon Jan 1 00:34:02 UTC 2001

**** About a dozen lines were snipped out of this transcript for being
potentially libellous****

Connecting...
Connected!  Sending login information...
Welcome to the club's chat room.
You see here:
sineadsiobhan,catlady_de_los_angeles
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, Hi, Sinead.
sineadsiobhan says, Hi there
sineadsiobhan says, Rita right?
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, I was wondering if no one at all would
show up on New Year's Eve
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, (yes, Rita aka Catlady)
sineadsiobhan says, I'm not going to leave til 9 30 for a new years
party
dai_evans enters
sineadsiobhan says, hi dai!
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, Hi, Dai
dai_evans says, Hello
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, It's 12 noon here
dai_evans says, It's 8 pm here
sineadsiobhan says, 2 pm here
sineadsiobhan says, what are you guys doing for new years?
dai_evans says, Was there a chat last week?
dai_evans says, Nothing much, watching the tv
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, there was a chat last week and Scott
recorded it and
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, I recorded the part of it that I was in
sineadsiobhan says, Yes.. my dad knocked me offline last week so..
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, but no one has posted it to the
chatscript group yet
dai_evans says, I wasn't sure. I spent all day in the pub.
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, I actually aren't going to any NYE party
this year. (oh, the shame)
sineadsiobhan says, Takes a while here to get online... the phone line
at school is so much faster
dai_evans says, Last time I went to a new years eve party I got
arrested, so I've avoided them since.
sineadsiobhan says, I'm going to one... a formal one... got the dress
and everything
sineadsiobhan says, it looks cool... :::smiles::
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, Dai -- arrested -- for drunk driving on
the way home?
dai_evans says, No, drunk staggering on the way home
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, There are so many beautiful formal
dresses in catalogs (and even more ugly ones!)
dai_evans says, It's nice to go formal from time to time.
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, that when I look at the pictures, I wish
I had someplace to wear clothes like that
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, I already own more Nice Clothes than I
wear
sineadsiobhan says, the last time I went all out formal was my prom
sineadsiobhan says, which was in May..
sineadsiobhan says, and now my dress from Prom is too big
dai_evans says, I bought a DJ last year for a first year ball and havn't
worn it since. I keep trying to find an excuse to wear it again
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, prom (high school senior, or am I
belittling your age?)
dai_evans says, That's the trouble with occasional clothes
sineadsiobhan says, just a little... I'm a college freshman
dai_evans says, Studying?
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, Okay, then last May was senior prom ...
if the dress is now too big, you must have done the opposite of Freshman
Fifteen -- your friends must all be jealous
sineadsiobhan says, Opposite of freshman fifteen times two
sineadsiobhan says, I lost 30 pounds
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, Wow
sineadsiobhan says, I was 152 now I'm about 120... not sure.. my weight
changes every now and then
dai_evans says, That's pretty good. I couldn't lose 30lbs without an
amputation.
sineadsiobhan says, The college I go to, no car, walk two miles to class

sineadsiobhan says, every day
dai_evans says, I've got that. 2 miles. I use a mountain bike.
sineadsiobhan says, and I'm too cheap to buy food for my fridge
sineadsiobhan says, I just walk to the cafeteria
dai_evans says, I wish I could afford to eat out all the time.
sineadsiobhan says, student cafeteria..
dai_evans says, Of course, silly of me
sineadsiobhan says, its like a penny per meal
dai_evans says, Is a penny 1 cent?
sineadsiobhan says, which is nice... they have good food
sineadsiobhan says, yup one cent
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, In the spring of 1974, when *I* was a
high school senior, the fashion for prom dresses
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, was simple, slinky, sheath dresses made
of stretchy knit fabric in wonderful colors.
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, That was good, because it was easy to sew
my own. I couldn't possibly have sewn the
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, highly structured ones! Mine was orchid
(a shade between purple and fuchsia).
sineadsiobhan says, mine was store-bought... off Fifth (the discount
part of Saks Fifth) and it was pretty cheap for a prom dress at the time

  catlady_de_los_angeles says, It was great standing with a group of my
friends, and we were wearing: my orchid, shocking pink, fire engine red,
deep violet, and black
sineadsiobhan says, I love sale items :-D
dai_evans says, It's so much simpler being a guy, picking up a DJ for
25 from a charity shop.
sineadsiobhan says, sale items are a gal's dream!
sineadsiobhan says, I got a banana republic jacket for 18 dollars when
it was 120
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, Women/girls who love thrift shops also
find wonderful things for little money
dai_evans says, It's useful when you're a student
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, sometimes designer gowns for cheap (but
not in fat sizes like mine)
Your buddy flying_ford_anglia is in chat
flying_ford_anglia enters
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, Hi Neil!
  flying_ford_anglia says, Hello
dai_evans says, Hey there
sineadsiobhan says, very useful... I keep asking my friend Meg if she
knows of a cheap clothes store around Boston
sineadsiobhan says, Hey Neil!
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, Let me guess, it's 8pm your tmie and you
are going to leave in an hour to DJ a NYE party?
  flying_ford_anglia says, I thought I'd put in an appearance and say
Happy New Year!
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, one of my friends found an amber necklace
in a thrift shop, the owner thought it was plastic and charged $2
  flying_ford_anglia says, Actually, no.  I retired from DJing earlier
this year...
sineadsiobhan says, you too Neil!
sineadsiobhan says, Wow! that's a deal
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, my friend later found out that even the
spacer beads were gold, not just gold plate
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, In order to get deals like that, you have
to search through every thrift shop every day and usually not find
anything special
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, so only people who LOVE searching through
thrift shops can do it
sineadsiobhan says, whoo.. treasure find! I've gotten magazines for 4 to
5 dollars and found that they were  valuable in price guides
sineadsiobhan says, I collect old things.. anything that looks funny is
a fave of mine

Chat, Voice, and Free Phone Calls.  What else could you need?
http://messenger.yahoo.com/messenger/chat.html

  catlady_de_los_angeles says, some of the thrift-shop searchers end up
opening their own expensive high-fashion stores
  flying_ford_anglia says, My brother and his partner decided to sell
all their vinyl
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, where they dress fashionable people in
outfits made of 1970s shirts with 1980s trousers
  flying_ford_anglia says, I was horrified, but they got a good price on
some things...
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, sell their vinyl???????
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, isn't that sacrilege???s
  flying_ford_anglia says, records, not clothes, Catlady...
  flying_ford_anglia says, Oh, you knew
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, (I know!)
  flying_ford_anglia says, I would choke before doing that...
  flying_ford_anglia says, they needed the space (duh!?)
sineadsiobhan says, LOL... wouldn't mind selling my dad's record
collection
sineadsiobhan says, but dad wouldn't let me
dai_evans says, I bet he wouldn't
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, what's wrong with your dad's record
collection?
  flying_ford_anglia says, I don't blame him
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, I tend to think, dad's collection, Glen
Miller
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, but I suppose nowdays it's, dad's
collection, Jethro Tull, Electric Light Orchestra.....
sineadsiobhan says, Nothing really... he's  1960's teenager and he has
the original british label Beatles records
dai_evans says, My mum's got all of them. She never plays them though
  flying_ford_anglia says, Hmmm - they'd fetch a bit...
sineadsiobhan says, plus the reel-to-reel Beatle's records...
  flying_ford_anglia says, Crikey...
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, vinyl, the conflict between preserving it
and using (playing) it.
dai_evans says, 8 track?
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, to some extent, the same conflict with
books and other paper matter
sineadsiobhan says, My dad told me that he also bought the reel to reel
when they put out the LPs
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, CDs are supposed to spare one from this
conflict
sineadsiobhan says, Hey.. we've been here for half an hour and yet
  flying_ford_anglia says, My brother plans to replace the vinyl with
CDs
sineadsiobhan says, we have to talk about Harry
sineadsiobhan says, :-D
dai_evans says, CD's wear out quicker than vinyls
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, and yet to discuss Harrry
dai_evans says, Harry who? LOL
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, oh, you said that before I did
  flying_ford_anglia says, Harry New Year!
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, Neil's entry (*disclaimer*) distracted me
when I was aboaut to say
  flying_ford_anglia says, I just read an interesting archive post...
sineadsiobhan says, I've got no use for CDs at the moment
  flying_ford_anglia says, from Pippin
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, that we could drag (*disclaimer*)
ourselves On Topic by moving from prom dresses to dress robes
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, Neil, do tell
dai_evans says, What a plan!!
harry_potter00 enters
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, Hi, Scott, did recording last week work
okay?
sineadsiobhan says, I would LOVE to hear the Jim Dale/Stephen Fry tapes
  flying_ford_anglia says, She said that the death of the unicorn in
PS/SS...
  flying_ford_anglia says, foreshadowed the death of Cedric in GoF.
  harry_potter00 says, Hi, Yes it is on the Chat Archive club.
sineadsiobhan says, but alas... I've got no hearing in either ear
dai_evans says, Stephen Fry was soooo good.
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, Sinead: how do you manage school
lectures?
sineadsiobhan says, I use a stenographer and a transliterator
  harry_potter00 says, I, at least enjoyed Fry better...
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, Neil, Pippin posted today that she won't
be in chat, so said Happy New Year to all
  flying_ford_anglia says, This reminds of Nicholas...
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, Flamel?
  flying_ford_anglia says, who couldn't see well enough to read
  flying_ford_anglia says, No, Carlsson (remember him?)
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, oh, the 16 yaer old who was convinced
that Hagrid's wand was never broken
selah_1977 enters
  harry_potter00 says, Hi Ebony
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, Hi, Ebony!
sineadsiobhan says, I just got this one thing to say....
  flying_ford_anglia says, Yes... he only used the audio versions...
sineadsiobhan says, Hey Ebony!
  flying_ford_anglia says, Hi Ebony...
dai_evans says, Hello there
cassandraclaire73 enters
sineadsiobhan says, I can do anything a muggle, a wizard, any other
animal can EXCEPT hear
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, Hi, Cassie!
sineadsiobhan says, Hey Cass!
selah_1977 says, Hi everyone!  Hi, Cassie!
cassandraclaire73 says, hi rita!
  flying_ford_anglia says, You have magical powers? That's cool!
dai_evans says, Hia Cass
cassandraclaire73 says, hi dai. hey everyone.
  harry_potter00 says, Does anyone else have trouble with reading the
messages on the web?
  flying_ford_anglia says, Evening...
selah_1977 says, no... I always read on the web...
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, I always read the messages on the web.
  harry_potter00 says, Everytime I go to the website I have to
re-register.
selah_1977 says, what time is it there, Neil?
  flying_ford_anglia says, No...
dai_evans says, I always read on the web, no problems
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, I was in the midst of donig so when chat
started
cassandraclaire73 says, it always works for me...
  flying_ford_anglia says, It's 8.30
  flying_ford_anglia says, pm
  harry_potter00 says, I think it is just my computer then (sigh)
selah_1977 says, that late?  almost 2001!
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, Scott, is there a Remember Me for you to
click?
sineadsiobhan says, With the aid of a computer.. I often have sparks
coming out of my fingers if there is enough friction
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, and save the cookie?
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, that's how egroups remembers me
  flying_ford_anglia says, I know...I have to go and do something
'significant'...
  harry_potter00 says, I'll try that.
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, I'm not going to do anything significant.

selah_1977 says, I'm going over my grandma's in a couple of hours...
we're having a big New Year's Day bash tomorrow afternoon/evening
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, Altho' I hope ff.net will stay up long
enough for me to read a little of the fanfic that has been
recommended......
cassandraclaire73 says, ff.net seems to be working at the moment.
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, usually it is up when I have no time, and
down when I finally have time
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, Yes, I was reading The Friends of Dorothy
a little bit ago
sineadsiobhan says, FF.net seems to work all the time for me...
sineadsiobhan says, I don't know
cassandraclaire73 says, (read ebony's fic)!
selah_1977 says, my authors are shot, though... cassie, you've
disappeared from my page, and others!  grr!
sineadsiobhan  shrugs
lordstryfe1 enters
selah_1977 says, ff.net won't let me fix, either
  harry_potter00 says, I think Ebony's new TIP is great.
cassandraclaire73 says, everyone tells me i disappear off their page. it
seems to be a thing with me.
sineadsiobhan says, That seems to be the case...
cassandraclaire73 says, I love TIP.
selah_1977 says, i think ff.net has a vendetta against you Cass!  LOL!
selah_1977 says, thanks!
sineadsiobhan says, You dissapeared from mine also, Cass
cassandraclaire73 says, I know! everyone tells me that!
cassandraclaire73 says, oh well
sineadsiobhan says, I had 5 or so authors now there's three..
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, Ebony, I had a book mark straight to
Books/Harry Potter, and yesterday (?) it took me to the Home Page
instead
sineadsiobhan says, Alicia/Sue also dissapeared from my list
cassandraclaire73 says, Alicia disappears off mine all the time.
selah_1977 says, me too, Rita!
dai_evans says, I'm watching David Copperfield with Daniel Radcliffe and
Maggie Smith...
cassandraclaire73 says, me too rita!
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, and I had to make a new book mark, I
think this was caused by one of their upgrades
  harry_potter00 says, I wanted to post chapter one of a story I'm
writing (The one that Neil helped with) but my gracious beta readers
haven't finished yet.
  flying_ford_anglia says, I haven't caught up on ff, but I did finish
The Wild Swans
cassandraclaire73 says, it was part of the upgrade.
selah_1977 says, yes, the e-mail verification junk...
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, Maybe the vanishing authors are also
caused by it
cassandraclaire73 says, that vanishing thing has been since day 1
sineadsiobhan says, I'm still working on the kinks of chapter 6..
selah_1977 says, oh, wow!  Haven't had a chance to read it  yet
cassandraclaire73 says, chapter 6?
selah_1977 says, Wild Swans, I mean
sineadsiobhan says, of my fic... I mean
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, I read the beta reader essays last ight
cassandraclaire73 says, so it's kinky?
cassandraclaire73 says, beta reader essays?
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, at writers's uni
sineadsiobhan says, (laugh) somewhat
cassandraclaire73 says, what are they about...?
sineadsiobhan says, (winks)
selah_1977 says, 2001--no new Harry Potter book.  Kind of makes you wish
it was 2002... by the time the real book #5 comes out, we'll be yelling
at JKR.  "Draco would NEVER do that!"
cassandraclaire73 says, I already yell that!
selah_1977 says, LOL!
cassandraclaire73 says, On rereads I was more atsonished just at how
little he was in it!
cassandraclaire73 says, i was like, doesn't she realize he's a main
character!
sineadsiobhan says, Draco is too hot already! No! (I'd yell that to JKR)

cassandraclaire73 says, Yes. if she every does a books gigning i will
walk up to her and tell ehr Draco is too hot to die!
dai_evans says, You're obsessed. All of you. You've got to get back to
reality.
cassandraclaire73 says, But we enjoy our obsession.
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, What's so great about reality?
  harry_potter00 says, Reality what's that?
sineadsiobhan says, oh yes Dai.. we're pathetically obsessed
selah_1977 says, <--------still laughing  But I'm serious... we'll have
trouble separating fanon from canon... I know I will
cassandraclaire73 says, reality is a crutch for people who can't handle
fanfic.
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, Or do you mean, JKR's books are reality?
selah_1977 says, I agree, Cassie!
lordstryfe1 leaves
dai_evans says, OK, forget reality. Just get back to the canon
  flying_ford_anglia says, I'm not obsessed.  I'm fic-curious...
cassandraclaire73 says, lol!
cassandraclaire73 says, as long as we're having fun....
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, 'curious' is like 'confused'
sineadsiobhan says, Having fun is not too bad
selah_1977 says, in less than 18 months, there's almost 15, 000 fics.
By the time book 5 comes out, there'll be 30,000.
dai_evans says, That's why it's called fun
cassandraclaire73 says, ff.net will collapse!
  flying_ford_anglia says, Heavens!
selah_1977 says, Poor Xing!
  flying_ford_anglia says, it's ffun!
cassandraclaire73 says, Im not sure i beleieve in Xing.
  harry_potter00 says, Well at least we're keeping busy...
selah_1977 says, you don't think that's his name?
plinsenmayer enters
dai_evans says, Who is Xing?
cassandraclaire73 says, he must work on the site constantly! Constantly!
how does he have a life?
sineadsiobhan says, No, Ff.net will have to make a website that's
dedicated to HP fan fic
cassandraclaire73 says, Penny!!!
  harry_potter00 says, Hi Penny!
selah_1977 says, Hello, Penny!
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, I took a week-some vacation last summer
and there were 56 pages of HP at ffnet and I scrolled from beginning to
end, reading everything that looked tempting
sineadsiobhan says, Hi Penny!
plinsenmayer says, Hi -- just popping in for a bit.
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, today there are 267 pages
  flying_ford_anglia says, Penny - this is a rare visit...
cassandraclaire73 says, Rita, that's incredible.
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, Hi, Penny
cassandraclaire73 says, Penny *dances* did you get my email?
plinsenmayer says, Yes -- just replied Cassie.
selah_1977 says, that's what I've said, Rita.  This spring you could
read the entire site in a couple of days.
cassandraclaire73 says,

This voice chat rocks!  http://messenger.yahoo.com/messenger/chat.html

plinsenmayer says, Are we talking about ff.net?
cassandraclaire73 says, what caused the massive upsurge?
cassandraclaire73 says, yes, ffnet
sineadsiobhan says, yup
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, Incredible that there are 267 pages, or
that I scrolled through 56 pages?
sineadsiobhan says, Book 4 I guess
dai_evans says, Nah, it was Cassie.
cassandraclaire73 says, that you scrolled through 5. i usally collapse
after 1.
plinsenmayer says, Most of it does seemto be post July 8th
sineadsiobhan says, Yes, thats the reason Dai!
cassandraclaire73 says, *makes face at Dai* 'twas before me! I'm
offically a "newbie"
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, 'everything that looked tempting'
included morrigan's fairy tales but not her more realistic stuff
plinsenmayer says, do you guys mainly get fics through word of mouth or
do you actually read some of them blind?
selah_1977 says, Book 4... but also I think it's not dying down.  Fans
are waiting for Book 5, and they're speculating to death to keep buys.
I know I am.
sineadsiobhan says, I saw a fic with a Cassie-influenced Draco title
selah_1977 says, busy, I mean
cassandraclaire73 says, what was it? (sinead)
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, which I had to re-visit on Blaise's
recommendation
cassandraclaire73 says, I read some blind. Less now than I used to.
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, I actually do read some blind
sineadsiobhan says, I can't remember.. Draco something..
cassandraclaire73 says, Ive found a few good authors that way.
  harry_potter00 says, I've read a few- jsut to read and I'd say that's
not the best way, though sometimes you can be pleasantly suprised.
selah_1977 says, Mostly through scrolling--that's how I found PoU, and
subsequently adult HP fandom
cassandraclaire73 says, Usually I wind up feeling migrainey.
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, I scroll down the first page of
by-entry-date
sineadsiobhan says, I haven't really read anything this past holiday
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, and occasionally something looks tempting

  catlady_de_los_angeles says, thus I found Eloria
plinsenmayer says, I find I just don't even have time to keep up with
the ones that people are recommending!
cassandraclaire73 says, You can tell a little through the summary,
number of reviews, etc.
sineadsiobhan says, I've read DE04 and some of the fics on the egroups
site
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, and we had a nice e-mail conversation
p_dumbledore enters
cassandraclaire73 says, Alicia's fics? they're great.
cassandraclaire73 says, i haven't read eloria's but i liker her, she's
nice.
selah_1977 says, Oh, you have to know which ones to click on.  The
summaries are a good clue... never read any fic when the author spells
the main female characters' name Hermoine in the summary or in her
alias.
+ p_dumbledore says, Happy almost New Year 2001
  flying_ford_anglia says, Hello Dennis
sineadsiobhan says, I love Alicia's fics... they're great
plinsenmayer says, LOL Ebony!
selah_1977 says, Dennis!
sineadsiobhan says, Hi dennis!
  harry_potter00 says, Ok can antone tell me what HWMNBM is ???
cassandraclaire73 says, or says "I wrote this fic while I was high on
sugar. It sucks"
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, I looked at two of them today (V's bad
day -- dreadful,  and one about a rhyming dictionary)
sineadsiobhan says, I had a fic that had : P on it
selah_1977 says, yes!  I was just about to say that Cassie!
  harry_potter00 says, I saw that on someone's message and I couldn't
remember...
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, He Who Must Not Be Named
plinsenmayer says, Yes, anytime the author derides his/her own fic --
good sign to stay away!
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, I only figured it out this morning myself

sineadsiobhan says, The comestible that must not be named
  harry_potter00 says, OHH
sineadsiobhan says, like.. "I don't like this story and it sucked"
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, One of the beta-reader essays said Never
put down your own story in the summary -- if it's that bad, don't post
it
cassandraclaire73 says, oh and ebony thanks for sticking up for me on
the ff egroup.
selah_1977 says, or when there's a 2 for too/to or a 4 used for for...
avoid those.  Lori's summary drew me right in.
selah_1977 says, always, Cassie!  they'll learn... they're young.
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, but when I looked at Masoumi's site when
the URL was in a msg, she put down just about ALL her own drawings and
stories
sineadsiobhan says, how about using Internet lingo in the stories?
plinsenmayer says, Okay should I join the ff egroup?  Are people
enjoying it?  I'm thinking of ditching hpanon & HP4Adults
cassandraclaire73 says, *grrr* *strangle*
selah_1977 says, I found Draco Dormiens by accident as well
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, Did I say , Hi, Dennis, yet?
cassandraclaire73 says, oh really?
plinsenmayer says, I haven't said hi to Dennis yet
cassandraclaire73 says, wait penny are you ditching hp4grownups?
+ p_dumbledore says, Say Neil, did you ever get out to the Millineium
Dome ?  I guess it comes down this week??
sineadsiobhan says, I don't remember how I found Draco Dormiens...
plinsenmayer says, No!!!!  HPforAdults -- different one!  Lame!
selah_1977 says, Yes... I plugged it here back in August while we were
still at Yahoo, I think
  flying_ford_anglia says, Never did.... sadly
cassandraclaire73 says, i like the fanfic egroup. it's often
interesting. right now there's a bit of a war going on over slash
though...
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, There was only one post to HP4Adults
between Monday and today. I was wondernig if it were dead.
  harry_potter00 says, I found an Harry Potter for Grownups on
e-groups..perhaps our sister site???
  flying_ford_anglia says, HP4Adults was a splinter group
sineadsiobhan says, I was looking through the categories and I found PoU
then
  flying_ford_anglia says, ....from HPAnon
cassandraclaire73 says, a splinter group? the rebels?
plinsenmayer says, Well, you know me -- never one to avoid a
controversy, eh?  Maybe ff.egroup would be fun!
cassandraclaire73 says, I can;t believe it took me so long to read PoU.
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, Altho' if it wer as lively as HP4GU, HOW
WOULD I KEEP UP WITH IT?
selah_1977 says, No internet lingo, Sinead... I did like "Now Talking in
#Gryffindor".
cassandraclaire73 says, i'd love for you to jump in! i get tired of
defending slash, etc.
voicelady_2000 enters
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, I LOVED Now Talking in #Gryffindor
selah_1977 says, Voicelady!
plinsenmayer says, Hi Jeralyn!
  harry_potter00 says, Hi
sineadsiobhan says, Is that a fic?
voicelady_2000 says, hello!!!
cassandraclaire73 says, hi jeralyn!
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, Hi, Jeralyn
sineadsiobhan says, Hey Jeralyn!
+ p_dumbledore says, A rebel group of HP Adults, must be those who think
HP and HG are a couple !!
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, Yes, it is a fic on ffnet
sineadsiobhan says, Wow.... this is a pretty full room..
selah_1977 says, yes it's a fic Sinead... on my favorites page
  flying_ford_anglia says, Hello Jeralyn...
  harry_potter00 says, You know I just got here and I've got to
leave....(sigh)...Happy New Year Everybody!
voicelady_2000 says, What's the topic today?
+ p_dumbledore says, Hi Jeralyn
cassandraclaire73 says, happy new year!
selah_1977 says, Happy New Year's Scott!
cassandraclaire73 says, rita...do you not like morrigan?
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, HP4Adults -- founded by Crys Meaker when
she discovered that the founder of HPA had just turned 14 and therefore
didn't count to her as an adult
  flying_ford_anglia says, HNY Scott
harry_potter00 leaves
sineadsiobhan says, I only started the 28 September on Ff.net.. so I'm
just learing about recommendations from others
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, HNY Scott, have fun
voicelady_2000 says, Bye Scott - was it something I said?
plinsenmayer says, Bye Scott!
+ p_dumbledore says, bye
selah_1977 says, We're talking fic and fangroups, Voicelady...
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, I don't not like morrigan
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, The fairy tales are elegant
plinsenmayer says, I've not yet read Morrigan
selah_1977 says, I like morrighan's work a little bit more
+ p_dumbledore says, Been nice weather here lately, and great chance to
wear my new Hogworts Cap !!
sineadsiobhan says, I read Morrigan's fic.. the one that influenced
DD/DS
cassandraclaire73 says, I based Draco Dormiens on Draco's Days of
Darkness
cassandraclaire73 says, like sinead said
  flying_ford_anglia says, It' snowing here...
selah_1977 says, really???
cassandraclaire73 says, Yep.
voicelady_2000 says, Weather's pretty awful here.  We got 16 inches of
snow yesterday.
selah_1977 says, wow
cassandraclaire73 says, well, it was the first fanfic I ever read.
+ p_dumbledore says, My Daughter called from down in Dallas, Texas and
said it was a snow storm down there
cassandraclaire73 says, at least, he first one i read that I liked.
sineadsiobhan says, did anyone read it yet? I was about to say how it
ended
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, I went back and read Draco's Days of
Darkness
  flying_ford_anglia says, I can't beat 16 inches...
voicelady_2000 says, I still need to read it.
plinsenmayer says, Voicelady -- I'm heading to NYC in a couple of weeks
-- hope the snow lets up!  No snow in Houston, but we may get some
sleet.
sineadsiobhan says, Don't want to spoil anything
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, and I had already read the prequel
cassandraclaire73 says, There was a prequel?
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, (16 inches)
voicelady_2000 says, Ooh, when are you coming?  I'd love to meet you!
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, the one in which Crabbe was turned into a
frog
dai_evans says, Draco's days of Darkness was pretty good, but the
sequels were bizarre
sineadsiobhan says, I need to read some more but.. my family is
computer-hapy
cassandraclaire73 says, The frog one IS Draco's Days of Darkness. The
sequels are weird, I'm with Dai.
sineadsiobhan says, (dang P key gets stuck!)
plinsenmayer says, Jan 13-16 -- with mom & sister -- last pre-baby
fling.
+ p_dumbledore says, Oh, what a terrible thing to turn into a frog
selah_1977 says, I think PoU was my first post-Hogwarts fic... and I
didn't get to that one till July.
cassandraclaire73 says, Hermione gets turned into a frog too.
voicelady_2000 says, Actually, I think I did read that...
plinsenmayer says, Are you around Jeralyn?
voicelady_2000 says, Yup!
  flying_ford_anglia says, How is the baby, Penny?
plinsenmayer says, Let's talk then.  PoU was my first fic too!
+ p_dumbledore says, he has a passion for frogs..
plinsenmayer says, Baby is doing kick-boxing class right now Neil!
  flying_ford_anglia says, ...the foetus, that is
cassandraclaire73 says, I can't believe it took me so long to read
PoU.....
sineadsiobhan says, Actually PoU was the one that lured me to FF.net
voicelady_2000 says, Me too.
dai_evans says, And I
plinsenmayer says, Me too
  catlady_de_los_angeles goes off on a tangent: someone cited Snape
making Neville pickle frogs' brains as especial cruelty because of
Trevor
selah_1977 says, me neither Cassie... I'd been on ff.net for four months
before I found it!
sineadsiobhan says, at first I thought ff.net had too many short stories

  flying_ford_anglia says, PoU is still the only ff I've read
completely...
cassandraclaire73 says, I didn't end up reading it until I finished DD
and everyone lkept telling me they were similar.
selah_1977 says, I found ff.net through HP4GU, I think, in March.
plinsenmayer says, What?  You're not reading ASA?
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, In GoF, Snape makes Ron pickles rats'
brains, altho' by that time he no longer had a pet rat
cassandraclaire73 says, Then Lori emailed me and so I buckled and read
it.
sineadsiobhan says, then I looked at the mystery category and there it
was
sineadsiobhan says, I'm a stuckler for mystery.. and I fell hard for the
fic
  flying_ford_anglia says, I printed off the rest of ASA...
+ p_dumbledore says, I wonder why no one ever wondered what happend to
his rat?
  flying_ford_anglia says, but haven't read it yet...
cassandraclaire73 says, New ASA up soon.   right?
  catlady_de_los_angeles goes back on topic: All else being equal, I
would rather try reading a fhort story (on ffnet) than episode 1 of a
serial or novel
plinsenmayer says, All right Neil ...so long as you're not ignoring it!
Yes, Cassie
dai_evans says, Because everyone thought Crookshanks had eaten it
selah_1977 says, it was the week after GoF when I found it... I was *not
HP4GU... UHPFC
  flying_ford_anglia says, I fell behind.  Haven't read TSTNE, DS or DD
either...
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, If all th eepisodes have ben puclished
all ready, if takes so must time to read it
sineadsiobhan says, (tsk-tsks Neil)
plinsenmayer says, Need to read all those Neil!
cassandraclaire73 says, i actually like serials....but that's pretty
obvious!
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, if it in progress, the reader is left
with cliff-hangers
sineadsiobhan says, cass.. I have a question
cassandraclaire73 says, ?
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, Cassie, you LIKE putting us on
cliff-hangers
selah_1977 says, well, if it's in progress, that's the fun of it
  flying_ford_anglia says, I know...but I did finish Peg's 2nd book
instead..
voicelady_2000 says, Say, has anyone besides myself found the "His Dark
Materials" section on ff.net yet?
cassandraclaire73 says, I live for cliffhangers.
sineadsiobhan says, how do you write 40+ pages in two weeks?
  flying_ford_anglia says, Oh, and I MUST read Ebony's ...
selah_1977 says, don't tell me that you've read ASA12 already Cass!  no
fair!
cassandraclaire73 says, I have! *cackles evilly!*
  flying_ford_anglia says, if only for the Christmas dinner
cassandraclaire73 says, it was great!
sineadsiobhan says, I'm pretty patient.. I have books to read and
stories to write :-D
plinsenmayer says, Ebony's fic is top-rate!
selah_1977 says, read DD/DS first, Neil... her fics and the POU/ASA/STNE
universe influenced me to write... I was so tired of Ron fans saying "I
like these stories, but if Ron were alive, etc..."
voicelady_2000 says, I totally agree!
sineadsiobhan says, plenty of time!
sineadsiobhan says, Is it really?
selah_1977 says, stop it, I'm blushing
sineadsiobhan says, What's the title?
  flying_ford_anglia says, Okay... will do.
cassandraclaire73 says, ell, I write for a living, I'm stuck in front of
the computer much of the time anyway. Aklso, 40 pages in two weeks is
about 3 pages a day. Not that much.
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, TROUBLE IN PARADISE
plinsenmayer says, Trouble in Paradise
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, I INTEND to read it REAL SOON NOW
voicelady_2000 says, Definitely worth it!
sineadsiobhan says, Trouble in Paradise... I'll read that!
selah_1977 says, so I said, "hey, just make him alive and see what
happens."  heh heh...
  flying_ford_anglia says, Okay - I have to go...
cassandraclaire73 says, bye!
plinsenmayer says, Bye Neil!
voicelady_2000 says, Bye Neil!
  flying_ford_anglia says, dinner to eat
dai_evans says, Bye Neil
cassandraclaire73 says, Eb, you are just proving a point, aren't you...
selah_1977 says, All right, Neil... happy new year!
+ p_dumbledore says, bye
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, Bye, bye, Neil, Happy new Year
selah_1977 says, hee hee!
  flying_ford_anglia says, and (ahem) FAQs...
sineadsiobhan says, Hey.. on the HPFanFic group I posed this question
plinsenmayer says, Yes ... FAQs!!!!
+ p_dumbledore says, Happy New Year Neil
cassandraclaire73 says, all those people who seem to think Ron and
Hermione would have a problem-free life together...
selah_1977 says, <---------humming Auld Lang Syne
cassandraclaire73 says, what question sinead?
sineadsiobhan says, Did anyone use a real-life person (not cameos) in
their fic?
plinsenmayer says, That's why I'm loving Ebony's fic -- hee hee
  flying_ford_anglia says, Have a great end of 2000....
voicelady_2000 says, That's why Eb's story is so cool.
Your buddy flying_ford_anglia leaves chat
flying_ford_anglia leaves
sineadsiobhan says, Not writers cameos, I meant to say
voicelady_2000 says, We have to stop doing that, Penny...
cassandraclaire73 says, I know! *evil grinning* it's an RH fic for
HH-ers!
plinsenmayer says, Cheers Voicelady!
cassandraclaire73 says, Well I would imagine aspects of people you know
alsways work their way into characters.
sineadsiobhan says, a R/H fic for H/Hers?
selah_1977 says, Carole deserves a lot of credit... she's my
"collaborator"--filtering out the bad ideas and giving suggestions.  I
wanted to make Ron a lot worse....she wouldn't let me.
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, (Ebony: you can type : (a colon) as the
first character of your msg and it will skip the 'says')
cassandraclaire73 says, read it, you'll understand.
sineadsiobhan says, (scratches head)
  catlady_de_los_angeles demonstrates
voicelady_2000 says, Well, Sinead, there's "Jeralyn" in ASA, but that's
not really me...
plinsenmayer says, Gotta read it Sinead!
selah_1977  like this?
selah_1977 says, I thought Jeralyn was you!
voicelady_2000 says, Well, she is, but I'm not THAT evil...
sineadsiobhan says, Is it Ebony's fic or another fic?
plinsenmayer says, Well, Carole & I haven't met Jeralyn so ... it can't
*really* be her
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, Until she said she had been trying to
find that curse forever (that killed 13)
voicelady_2000 says, He he he

has anyone tried using the new messenger chat client?

plinsenmayer says, Is what Ebony's fic?
sineadsiobhan says, Whats the R/H story for H/Hers?
cassandraclaire73 says, Ebony's.
plinsenmayer says, Ebony's fic!!
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, I keep thinking, not too hard to kill 13
people, not even a curse, just hex the gas main under the street
sineadsiobhan says, I got a little confused
sineadsiobhan says, Trouble in Paradise right?
selah_1977 says, where's Lori?
voicelady_2000 says, Too many conversations at once.
plinsenmayer says, Easy in this chatroom.  Yes on the title
cassandraclaire73 says, Lori? she's on vacation.
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, What was the question abaout using real
people in a fic?
selah_1977 says, sorry Jeralyn...
cassandraclaire73 says, how come?
voicelady_2000 says, No biggie.
sineadsiobhan says, Do you use friends and things like that in your
fics?
sineadsiobhan says, not writer cameos
plinsenmayer says, Heidi is making a guest appearance in ASA ch 12
sineadsiobhan says, I just started a fic: The Three Faces of Eddie
Jordan
cassandraclaire73 says, you mean like Alicia's characters are based on
her friends?
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, Put them in the fic as real names and
real personalities, but with a role in the plot?
sineadsiobhan says, yes Cassie..
sineadsiobhan says, Yes
cassandraclaire73 says, well, there you go. Alicia does it.
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, I was just about to say, ALicia-Sue's
band mates
dai_evans says, Eddie Jordan as in F1 motor racing?
voicelady_2000 says, Alicia completely cracks me up.
dai_evans says, That's bizarre
sineadsiobhan says, Nope.. as in my mothers horrid math professor in
boarding school
sineadsiobhan says, (smiles)
dai_evans says, That makes more sense.
cassandraclaire73 says, I don't use riginal characters, so obviously I
don't do that but id imagine that most people base somecharacteristics
on people they know, whatever character it is.
cassandraclaire73 says, i love Alicia too.
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, There are libel issues when writing
fiction about real people with real names
plinsenmayer says, Cassie's right.  Cordelia is based on someone -- to
some extent at least.
selah_1977 says, She's one brilliant 16 year old... that's for sure
voicelady_2000 says, Who is Cordelia
plinsenmayer says, in ASA!
voicelady_2000 says, based on?
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, that's why published books always have
that disclaimer about 'no resemblance to any person living or dead'
sineadsiobhan says, Alicia says should she be scared?
plinsenmayer says, Oh -- well, I'm a 35 yr old lawyer & know other women
like her.  One of my good friends from law school has some of her traits

cassandraclaire73 says, scared of what?
voicelady_2000 says, Sorry 'bout that - I'm celebrating already.
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, even when it was Bob Tucker giving all
his friends cameos, to the extent that it was called 'tuckerizing"
plinsenmayer says, Little champagne already Voicelady?!
selah_1977 says, Every writer puts themselves into their stories,
though.  I have no Every writer puts some of themselves into their
writing.  Original characters or not.
selah_1977 says, oops...
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, Does ALicia ask should she be scared?
When I asked her how her band mates felt about appearing in her stories,
she said they didn't now about her stories
voicelady_2000 says, Some Cafe Brulot, and then on to margaritas.
Champagne is for later.  Headache tomorrow!
cassandraclaire73 says, But of course. I mean, Draco's based on someone
I know a bit, ditto the rest of them...
plinsenmayer says, Margs & champagne -- a clear recipe for a headache
tomorrow!
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, Headache tomorrow, comedy tonight!    ??
cassandraclaire73 says, Lol! I have TALKED to Alicia's bandmates on
line! They have never even read Harry Potter, none of them!
voicelady_2000 says, It's a holiday...
cassandraclaire73 says, And they kept asking me "Why do you call her
Alicia?"
selah_1977 says, poor kids
sineadsiobhan says, Alicia says hello, Her computer is being a dork at
the moment
voicelady_2000 says, If they're the way she writes tham, they seem like
interesting kids.
cassandraclaire73 says, *grins* I even talked to the one she has a crush
on...that would be Joey ...
selah_1977 says, tell her we said "hi"!
cassandraclaire73 says, can't she come into chat, sinead?
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, On Xmas Day, I heard someone sing a great
GoF filk to the tune of Comedy Tonight
voicelady_2000 laughs out loud
sineadsiobhan says, She says that when she goes in the room she only
sees the pukey yellow color
cassandraclaire73 says, i think she might need to download some kind of
chat thing...
plinsenmayer says, Yeah, why is the background this pukey yellow color?
p_dumbledore is away (Auto-Away)
voicelady_2000 says, My background isn't pukey yellow...
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, I'm on Cheetachat and the background is
white
cassandraclaire73 says, tell ehr to go to Cheetah chat
cassandraclaire73 says, that should work, right?
plinsenmayer says, How do you get there?
cassandraclaire73 says, Rita, tell her how to do it
selah_1977 says, I'm loving CM's filks on list.  They're hilarious.
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, go to www.cheetachat.com
sineadsiobhan says, Alicia says cheetah chat?
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, you should be able to click on Download
dai_evans says, It's a good 4 megs mind. Do it at cheap rate.
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, we really need Dee or Scott to talk us
through downloading, I don't  quite remember how
cassandraclaire73 says, and then how can she chat with us?
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, I think Dee posted instructions for
downloading cheetah....
+ p_dumbledore says, Got to run here..  You all have a Happy New Year
.!!   Chat with ya next time again !!
p_dumbledore is back.
lordstryfe1 enters
selah_1977 says, see you later Dennis!
plinsenmayer says, bye Dennis
dee_97527 enters
lordstryfe1 says, hello
cassandraclaire73 says, lo...
lordstryfe1 says, I have two questions
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, On the menu bar, there is Rooms. One item
under Room is My Clubs
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, Hi, Diane
cassandraclaire73 says, 2 questions?
+ p_dumbledore says, Hi Ah!!  Diann can take my place on here !!
dee_97527 says, Howdy all
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, Hi, lordstryfe
jferer enters
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, Hi, Jim
selah_1977 says, Hi Jim...
lordstryfe1 says, I noticed this club has no founder how is that?
cassandraclaire73 says, hi jim, diann
p_dumbledore leaves
plinsenmayer says, Hi Jim & Diann
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, lordstryfe = ratatosk?
lordstryfe1 says, huh?
jferer says, Hi. I just mailed you Part One of "The Letter". Looking for
other beta-readers also.
sineadsiobhan says, hey Jim and Dee
dee_97527 says, Is it cold in Houston, Penny?
selah_1977 ::Jumps up and down::: it's Ebony!  Me!  Me!  I never get to
beta read nearly as much as I'd like...
plinsenmayer says, Cold *for* Houston!
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, Ratatosk was a squirrel who stirred up
strife between the eagle and dragon
voicelady_2000 leaves
voicelady_2000 enters
jferer says, Penny, Cassandra, would you be willing?
cassandraclaire73 says, me? *flattered* really?
plinsenmayer says, Yes, I can
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, by running up and down Yggdrasil
jferer says, Ebony, mailing it to you was the last thing I did before
signing on to chat.
cassandraclaire73 says, Rita, why are you running up and down the World
Tree?
selah_1977 says, oh... (duh, Eb, duh...)
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, telling each of them bad things the other
had allegedly said
selah_1977 says, brb!
sineadsiobhan says, about a month ago I had no clue what a beta reader
was
cassandraclaire73 says, I can beta, Jim, if you'd like.
sineadsiobhan says, I though it was a tape recorder
sineadsiobhan says, now I understand..
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, Our Yahoo Club listed Penny (plisenmayer)
as the founder for a long time. Did some one remove the listing?
voicelady_2000 says, I was just reading the rules this morning for
beta-ing.
jferer says, thank you, Cassandra.
cassandraclaire73 says, no problem.
dai_evans says, Penny's still listed as founder
jferer says, I didn't know there were any rules. Where are they found?
voicelady_2000 says, Under the Sriter's university at ff.net.
voicelady_2000 says, That's Writer's University.
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, The reason we Apparated from Yahoo to
egroups (except for on-lne chat, at which egroups sucks) is because
stuff kept vanishing from
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, the Yahoo site
voicelady_2000 says, Is anyone having problems today with Yahoo?  Cause
it keeps kicking me out.
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, tons of pictures and links that people
had put in those sections
dai_evans says, I hope these problems won't recur when the sites merge.
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, and our 'since' date became 12/31/68
jferer says, I Think Yahoo, like a lot of portals, is overloaded.
Excite is just as bad or worse.
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, and at one point, the Founder's Message
turned into @#$%^&
lordstryfe1 leaves
plinsenmayer says, I'm having trouble by getting spammed by all these
porn names, yet Yahoo says I'm invisible.  Why?
cassandraclaire73 says, i get that too...
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, I get spammed by the porn, too
plinsenmayer says, very annoying!
sineadsiobhan says, I hate those
voicelady_2000 says, You need to hit ignore.  That should stop them.
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, There is a setting to automataically
reject everyone who is not on your friends list
voicelady_2000 says, Should - being the operative word.
sineadsiobhan says, I wonder how to block the PM stuff..
plinsenmayer says, Glad it's not just me.  <g>  I am hitting ignore each
time but there seem to be tons of them today
jferer says, Penny, I use my Excite mail account for signing on to
sites, so all my spam goes there.....
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, as well as a setting to tell them you'll
get back to them later
jferer says, I only use the Yahoo account for mail I *want* to get.
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, which looks ridiculous in the chatscript
plinsenmayer says, It's not coming into my inbox -- it's popping up with
these message screens
plinsenmayer says, through Yahoo in order words
plinsenmayer says, oops --other words
dai_evans says, Turn off PMs in preferences.
voicelady_2000 says, "Say it Raymond."  "Yahoo sucks."
jferer says, Oh, yes, that happened to me, to where I had to dump
Messenger from the computer my daughters use.
plinsenmayer says, PMs?
sineadsiobhan says, I really don't like using the AOL mail account
dai_evans says, Personal Messages
selah_1977 says, back--jim, I don't just like it-- I *love* it!
dee_97527 leaves
dee_97527 enters
selah_1977 says, i'm printing it now and will send specific comments
later on...
plinsenmayer says, Okay -- maybe that will help.
sineadsiobhan says, I only use my BU e-mail...and another at
ballycastle.come

Chat, Voice, and Free Phone Calls.  What else could you need?
http://messenger.yahoo.com/messenger/chat.html

plinsenmayer says, Will that keep my Yahoo friends from sending messages
or just nonfriends?
sineadsiobhan says, com*
jferer says, Thank you, Ebony!
voicelady_2000 says, So, how Irish are you, Sinead?
sineadsiobhan says, 100 percent
voicelady_2000 says, Cool.
dai_evans says, It just stops them popping up, I think
sineadsiobhan says, Both parents are from ireland
selah_1977 says, sinead, did you see my post about the music at HP
Fanfiction?  Can you recommend any good artists?
dai_evans says, North or South (Ireland)?
sineadsiobhan says, I dunno really... not much experience in music
sineadsiobhan says, North
plinsenmayer says, Check your email when you get a chance Cassie -- I
have some questions.
jferer says, I have an idea for Part Two of my fic...
cassandraclaire73 says, okay. id check it now but it might crash my
computer...
voicelady_2000 says, My family (both sides) are from southern Ireland.
Clare.
plinsenmayer says, Okay!
selah_1977 says, I dub thee, Sir Jim of the Hogwarts Reality Genre.
jferer says, My father  character  goes online and discusses his dilemna
with his friends...
cassandraclaire73 says, anyone ever played the Harry Potter trivia game?

cassandraclaire73 says, out of curiousity...
plinsenmayer says, No, just the Quidditch one so far
jferer says, who aren't sure the guy isn't nuts, but they play along....

dai_evans says, Dear lord. Is it like Trivial Persuit?
cassandraclaire73 says, I was debating whether to buy it...
sineadsiobhan says, Parents are from NI, but grandparents are from N and
plinsenmayer says, I think Heidi has played the trivia game -- said it
was easy for die-hard fans like us
cassandraclaire73 says, i have no idea. i was trying to get some freidns
to uy it with me but most of them don't know the books enbough to play
dee_97527 leaves
jferer says, The trivia game is good, and it's altered from Trivial
Pursuit only enought to avoid lawsuits.
cassandraclaire73 says, i was encouraged by the fact that i couldn't
answer the questions on the back of the box.
selah_1977 says, Jim--I think it sounds intriguing.  I'll be certain to
plug it.  I especially liked the last question the little one asked.
dai_evans says, StCassie, stop typing with your gloves on!!
cassandraclaire73 says,
jferer says, It was time to lighten it up a little.
plinsenmayer says, gloves?
selah_1977 says, LOL!
cassandraclaire73 says, because im a terrible typist.
dai_evans says, Much typos.
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, spelling enough enbough = gloves
cassandraclaire73 says, maybe i broke my finger.
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, bit enbough should be a word
dai_evans says, Don't you know?
selah_1977 says, Spell check must be your friend for DD/DS... I would
have never known!
cassandraclaire73 says, I meant you wouldn't know if I had.
cassandraclaire73 says, beta-readers are my friend for DD/DS
selah_1977 says, Jim--how old are the canonical characters?
dai_evans says, Oh I see. You didn't seem sure...
plinsenmayer says, Oh.  I've developed carpal tunnel due to pregnancy --
it better darn well go away when I deliver this kid!  My dr would have a
fit that I'm in a chatroom!
sineadsiobhan says, does cheetachat work for this room?
jferer says, Back to the online thing...several of us could go online
and improvise, it might be fun collaboration.
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, I can't type on a typewriter, I always
needed a computer, even when text editing was one line at a time
cassandraclaire73 says, yes cheetah chat works for this room. Gte
alicia! I want to talk to her. *sulk*
voicelady_2000 says, Improv!
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, because I always hit so many MORE keys
than I want
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, and the computer can just get rid of them
by BACKSPACE
jferer says, Penny, any chance Dragon Dictate would work for this?
selah_1977 says, Jim--I'd do it... you do need to bat ideas back and
forth for it... carole and i did that the other day for TIP and it was
so much fun
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, Was "Improv?" a command?
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, what is Dragon Dictate?
plinsenmayer says, Dragon Dictate?  Huh?
cassandraclaire73 says, Carole's very good for idea-batting...
cassandraclaire73 says, dragon dictate?
voicelady_2000 says, Oh no.  I just like Improv.
plinsenmayer says, Yes, Carole is great with ideas!
selah_1977 says, oh, you said improv in front of our resident actress...

jferer says, Rita, we were discussing a fic idea, an improvised online
chat that would get plugged into a fic.
voicelady_2000 says, He he.  I thought I *was* the resident actress!
cassandraclaire73 says, I saw some of the ideas we talked about in
ASA12. *I shall say no more*
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, Because I was quiet reading for all of us
to turn into Mary Sue...
selah_1977 says, I was talking about you, Jeralyn!  LOL!
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, quite ready
voicelady_2000 says, Oh.  Okay.  Duh...
dai_evans says, Cass don't do that, it's not fair.
sineadsiobhan says, Help alicia out: She is on Cheetachat but has no
idea how to get to the room
jferer says, Dragon Natually Speaking, actually, voice recognition
software.
selah_1977 says, You've read ASA12?  Lucky!
cassandraclaire73 says, rita...? anyone...?
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, Find the menu bar. CLick on Rooms
cassandraclaire73 says, Oh dear. This superior attitude on my part will
only get me punished karmically.
selah_1977 says, the room is called "c_harrypotterforgrownups:1" on my
screen...
plinsenmayer says, Oh, I'm not very technical -- sorry Jim.
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, One of the entrys on the Rooms Menyu is
My Clubs
cassandraclaire73 says, yes I read it. it was great.
dai_evans says, I'm sending you bad vibes by the power of thought.
plinsenmayer says, Thanks Cassie!  <blushes>
jferer says, I just finished PoU, never read it before, the standard for
fic... very inventive.
selah_1977 says, Lucky!  Carole kept hinting at stuff, but wouldn't tell
me anything.  "You'll just have to read it."
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, The only My Clubs that I have is Harry
Potter for Grown-Ups
cassandraclaire73 says, your bad vibes are making me type worse.
plinsenmayer says, Glad you read PoU Jim!
voicelady_2000 says, Who's giving you bad vibes?
selah_1977 says, Jim, did you like PoU?  Did it convert you?
cassandraclaire73 says, Dai. But he's just kidding.
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, Dia said he was sening her bad vibes
plinsenmayer says, Dai is sending them to Cassie cuz she's read ASA 12
already?
cassandraclaire73 says, yep.
voicelady_2000 says, Okay.
dai_evans says, No, I'm serious. Evil thoughts are streaming your way
cassandraclaire73 says, and they are making me TYPE BADLY
jferer says, Ebony's fic is excellent.  I want to find out just what's
troubling R/H.
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, It's teaser campaign, like the leaks for
GoF
selah_1977 says, Ebony would too, but she just looks up to Cassie so
much...
cassandraclaire73 says, Dai has no such reservations!
selah_1977 says, LOL!
cassandraclaire73 says, Come on, you'll get to read it eventually
  catlady_de_los_angeles asks what is *my* excuse for typing so badly?
dai_evans says, <g>
cassandraclaire73 says, just think, the fun for you is in the future.
plinsenmayer says, We *all* want to know what's going on with R/H inTIP!

jferer says, Of course, Ebony is *so* unbiased in these relationship
matters...
sineadsiobhan says, Alicia says:"I can't see a thing.. it's all in this
weird font. I don't even thing I *have* a menu bar"
sineadsiobhan says, thing= think
selah_1977 says, LOL, ROTF!
voicelady_2000 says, I guess I'm not the only person drinking right
now...
plinsenmayer says, Ebony is less biased than me I think
cassandraclaire73 says, I think Eb's being very balanced, considering.
cassandraclaire73 says, I couldn't do it!
selah_1977 says, Come on, you guys... I've been good!  Harry is not
doing anything...
plinsenmayer says, Me neither!
cassandraclaire73 says, Ron/Hermione...yech
cassandraclaire73 says, (that was mature)
plinsenmayer says, We don't know that yet Eb!
selah_1977 ::wicked laugh:::
cassandraclaire73 says, I liked what you did with Draco, BTW.
sineadsiobhan says, Alicia: "Ahh I hate computers!"
cassandraclaire73 says, waaah! there must be some way alicia can make it
work..
jferer says, I can't see R/H either.... I'm G/H, and there seems to be
few of us.
cassandraclaire73 says, *shudders*
selah_1977 says, Draco's so cool.  I really like how cooperative he is
in a scene... "hmm, let's have Draco make Ron look like a jealous
idiot!" and he does it...
plinsenmayer says, Are you reading ASA then?  <g>  Not that I'm writing
much of the steamy H/G stuff but....
cassandraclaire73 says, Draco is more fun to write than anyone else.
That's why I like him...
selah_1977 says, poor Alicia!  read Wotan, Jim!
cassandraclaire73 says, Me? Of course I'm reading ASA!
selah_1977 says, she's H/G as well
jferer says, I have not read ASA, if you were talking to me, Penny. I
will. Have to get to work to do it.
plinsenmayer says, I was talking to Jim Cassie
cassandraclaire73 says, i don't mind the H/G in ASA because it's DOOMED.

plinsenmayer says, Yep!
cassandraclaire73 says, oh,never mind then.
sineadsiobhan says, Alicia: Does anyone have the invite option on their
toolbar?
selah_1977 says, Draco is awesome... I giggled the whole time I was
writing his parts
jferer says, I have a high-speed two sided printer at work. I bound PoU
up into a book.
selah_1977 says, Yes--I do...
cassandraclaire73 says, i know. he's the only one who makes me laugh out
loud while im writing.
selah_1977 leaves
cassandraclaire73 says, the invite option?
selah_1977 enters
plinsenmayer says, My husband the Slytherin who looks like Draco is
really loving reading Draco scenes out loud into the fetal microphone
plinsenmayer says, I need to get him to read DD/DS
cassandraclaire73 says, *grins* your baby will be Slytherin-influenced
selah_1977 leaves
jferer says, I wasn't sure about Draco as rough trade in PoU.  I don't
think I'd write about him....
dai_evans says, I'm sorry; foetal microphone?
sineadsiobhan says, Alicia: (just gave up on cheetachat and is trying
java-based yahoo)
cassandraclaire73 says, I'd be careful saying your husband looks like
Draco. There might be a stampede.
plinsenmayer says, I'm pregnant -- he's reading to the baby through a
fetal microphone (we both are actually -- he reads Draco only pretty
much)
cassandraclaire73 says, Im not a big fan of PoU Draco. I mean, I like
him in PoU, but the braids (eeek)
sineadsiobhan says, Alicia: can she try to invite SkaPrincess27
sineadsiobhan says, ?
dai_evans says, Yeah I gathered that. But what is a foetal microphone?
cassandraclaire73 says, i don't have an invite funcyion. anyone?
sineadsiobhan says, (Sinead stops and wipes brow)
plinsenmayer says, I don't like the braids in PoU much either!
cassandraclaire73 says, i think only Lori likes the braids. I've told
her if I ever write a spin-off I will REMOVE the braids.
jferer says, He looked like something in Greenwich Village.
plinsenmayer says, It's got speakers that hook into a belt across my
belly and supposedly transmits more clearly to the fetus.  <shrugs>
We're suckers
SkaPrincess27 has been invited to join this room.
dai_evans says, Yeah, no kidding.
skaprincess27 enters
sineadsiobhan says, Anyone? Let me try to invite her
cassandraclaire73 says, Alicia!!!
sineadsiobhan leaves
skaprincess27 says, Oh, thank God.  *beats computer with large stick*
sineadsiobhan enters
cassandraclaire73 says, ARE YOU OKAY?
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, Alicia-Sue: *another* new name?
sineadsiobhan says, YAY!
sineadsiobhan says, Alicia is in here!
plinsenmayer says, Hi Alicia!
skaprincess27 says, Yes, I got tired of having about six different name
sso i consolidated.
skaprincess27 says, ^_^
cassandraclaire73 says, that was wise. I'm thinking of changing mine to
Cassandra Clairsworth.
skaprincess27 says, Sorry in advance for typos, I have this weird font
and I don't know what I'm typing.  ^_^
sineadsiobhan says, (wipes brow) I did a good job of communicating
between yahoo and
sineadsiobhan says, AIM/AOL
skaprincess27 says, Thanks!  ^_^
sineadsiobhan says, whatever it is called!
sineadsiobhan says, Welcome, Alicia!
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, ALicia, do you have a menu bar yet?
skaprincess27 says, Hello all!  Sorry for my computer being dumb...
nope, no menu bar that I can read.
dai_evans says, Don't worry, it was epic. We've been on the edge of our
seats waiting for you to log on.
cassandraclaire73 says, this is true.
voicelady_2000 says, Hi, Alicia!
skaprincess27 says, *lol*  I've been cursing at my idiot computer and
actually throwing thigns at it... hi!
skaprincess27 says, *things
siriusgeologist enters
cassandraclaire73 says, carole!!!
sineadsiobhan says, Yep.. poor Cass.. I could swear she was pulling my
hair out
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, If you had a menu bar, the fist
(leftmost) item is CHAT, and the fourth item on the CHAT menu is SCREEN
FONT
siriusgeologist says, HI!!!!
dai_evans says, Hello Carole
plinsenmayer says, Hi Carole!
sineadsiobhan says, Hi Carole!
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, Hi,, Carole
siriusgeologist says, penny!!!
voicelady_2000 says, Hey Carole!
cassandraclaire73 says, all my favorite people...but we lost ebony... ;(

selah_1977 enters
plinsenmayer says, Yeah, I know -- I'm rarely here these days.
selah_1977 says, Alicia!
siriusgeologist says, what a great crowd here today!
siriusgeologist says, ahhh I missed ebony?
skaprincess27 says, Well, at least I can read the chat window.  ^_^
cassandraclaire73 says, no she seems to be back
selah_1977 says, Carole!
plinsenmayer says, Lots of H/H'ers here -- <g>
siriusgeologist says, you're back!
cassandraclaire73 says, we can have an H/H party!
sineadsiobhan says, No I think Ebony is alive computer-wise
selah_1977 says, my computer decided I was having too much fun and spat
me out!
skaprincess27 says, Goes to buy streamers for chat room
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, Penny and Carole: I have to accuse
you-uns of brainwashing me into thinkg of Sirius as a veiwpoint
characters
plinsenmayer says, I'm getting *beat up* on the main board, fellow
H/H'ers
cassandraclaire73 says, will they sve H/H forever?
voicelady_2000 says, Actually, I;m rather a non-shipper...Sorry.
jferer says, I just sent you a copy, Penny. It's supposed to resonate
with parents especially.
cassandraclaire73 says, Im helping you Penny!
selah_1977 says, yes... and plot the demise of R/H and other such
nonsense...
sineadsiobhan says, YES! R/H people should go over to that corner and
hide from thw wrath of H/H shiers
siriusgeologist says, what do you mean rita?

Stuck at the office?  Messenger lets you chat through firewalls!
http://messenger.yahoo.com/messenger/chat.html

cassandraclaire73 says, Im trying. I get weary of endlessly saying the
same stuff over and over.
sineadsiobhan says, (curses at P key
sineadsiobhan says, )\
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, Alicia: if you type : (colon) as first
thing in your msg, it will omit the 'says'
jferer says, The R/H'er that counts the most is JKR, seems like.
skaprincess27 says, I have a faithful pro-H/H floor lamp that gets
violent... ^_^
  catlady_de_los_angeles  demonstrates
selah_1977 says, she is *not* R/H!
cassandraclaire73 says, Hector! bring him on.
sineadsiobhan says, No no, not JKR!
plinsenmayer says, Depends on if you think JKR is R/H'er, Jim
cassandraclaire73 says, I maintain that JKR is not RH!
jferer says, She practically hits us over the head with it!
cassandraclaire73 says, here we goo.....
plinsenmayer says, Nope!!!
skaprincess27 says, Actually, I had to move Hector away from the
computer and itnto my room.  It clased with the decor.
selah_1977 says, no... she's R likes H, that's different than R/H!
skaprincess27 says, *into, *clashed
cassandraclaire73 says, Exactly. When is she so obvious/ anyway, she
only hits us over the head with Ron liking Hermione, not the other way
around.
voicelady_2000 says, And Hector is...?  Remind me again, please.
plinsenmayer says, Thanks Cassie &Ebony -- exactly
cassandraclaire73 says, Hector is Alicia's floor lamp. long story there.

  catlady_de_los_angeles says, In my Lily story (on our egroups
File/Fanfic section), I find I have written a couple of 'chapters' from
Sirius' viewpoint, which is not what I planned
voicelady_2000 says, Right.  I forgot.
selah_1977 says, That's OK.  My motto is "I can show you better than I
can tell you."  LOL Alicia!
selah_1977 says, You should post to ff.net, Rita...
cassandraclaire73 says, you should, rita.
skaprincess27 says, I live in fear that JKR will make us suffer through
an R/H relationship before anything else
cassandraclaire73 says, I know, so do it. Well, *hopefully8 maybe Ron
will go bad and die.
cassandraclaire73 says, i meant So do I.
plinsenmayer says, LOL
  catlady_de_los_angeles says, A whole nother community to get to
know???? what a burden....
selah_1977 says, Alicia, believe me, you *do* suffer.  They're so
miserable it's not even funny.
siriusgeologist says, His point of view is so interesting
cassandraclaire73 says, Sirius is fu